Help with a specific 5.1 system for my mancave-to-be
Dec 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

caracara08

Headphoneus Supremus
I have no experience at all in home theater or speaker systems.  i guess what im looking for can barely qualify as my budget is rather limited.  I need a budget system.. maybe around 500-700 for the whole shabang.  things that i would like:

5.1 surround with wireless satellites (so there arent cables running all over the place) or a method that i can do rather easily to hide wires everywhere.
small footprint as possible
will do well in a rather small room. its a bedroom in a 3 bedroom condo where ill have my computer and audio stuff, sofa, ps3, TV and this system.
new or used but i would need to knwo where to look for used. 
cd and/or dvd could be added but arent vital as most of my music is on my computer.

thats the main issues i needcovered.  any tweaks like cables, or vibration control would be appreciated also but i wont be doing any of that until after the system is situated as for the most part, those are 2ndary. 

thanks to anyone that can help! 

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 4
Dec 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 4
I would suggest sticking to traditional wired solutions cos i have yet to come across a 100% rock solid wireless audio solution for HT 
beerchug.gif
You can wall mount the rear/surround channel speakers perhaps? The AVR is the 1st piece i would settle and u have to figure out what features/ports would be a *must* If u dun need HDMI in/out Craiglist has somewhat dated AVRs with optical/coax floating about for almost nothing which could work for ya depending on budget/needs I wouldn't dismiss classic/vintage speakers as well especially if $$ were an issue and you could fish out some gems in the used market all the time 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back