Help with 3.5mm Stereo Plug to 6.35mm Stereo Socket Adapter please
Oct 28, 2017 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Grumpy Old Git

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend a good quality but not too expensive 3.5mm to 6.35mm stereo socket adaptor, so that I can connect my Audeze cans to a Chord Mojo?

I purchased a so-called 'Professional Quality Stereo Headphone Adaptor' off ebay, when I tried to use it my 6.35mm jack plug got stuck part way in! Okay, the adaptor cost less than £4, but it should have been fit for purpose.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :smile_phones:

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #3 of 6
Adaptor is really important because poor plug affects on sound quality degradation. so I suggest you should invest a high quality adapter from furutech.

There is rhodium plated type and gold plated type. I suggest the gold plated one.

images (4).jpg

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Shure HPAQA1

Hi, Thanks. It looks like that is the 3.5 to 6.35 adaptor.

Adaptor is really important because poor plug affects on sound quality degradation. so I suggest you should invest a high quality adapter from furutech.

There is rhodium plated type and gold plated type. I suggest the gold plated one.

Thanks very much, just ordered one. :)

Oct 30, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #6 of 6
I don't really recommend that type of an adapter, It puts to much stress on the 3.5mm connector, from both sides. I personally Used this in the past

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1063702-REG/sennheiser_561035_adapter_plug_for_hd.html

sennheiser_561035_adapter_plug_for_hd_1407957671000_1063702.jpg

It is so much more convenient and durable. really worth the few bucks. Quality is top notch.

Fair and valid comment David. I intend supporting the headphone cable close to the Mojo, this will minimise the strain on both the headphone cable and connections, so (hopefully) all should be well with the Furutech adaptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back