help! Winxp wallpapers....how do I.....
Sep 8, 2006 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

okay_player

100+ Head-Fier
How do I find the default WinXP wallpaper location?

In Display Properties, under the "desktop" tab, there is a pre-configured list of desktop images: ascent, autumn, azul, etc. Whenever I change desktops, I hate having to hit that "browse" button and manually navigate to where my favourite wallpapers are. (And then, next time I go to change it, I have to navigate back to that same favourite wallpapers directory.)

I tried copying all my favourite wallpapers to the Shared Pictures directory (which automatically pops up when hit "browse", but oddly enough, they don't show up until I go into the "sample pictures" subdirectory, and then back to Shared Pictures.

Isn't there someway to have them all pre-loaded like the ones that come with Windows?

I did a search on my HD for ascent, autumn, etc but funnily enough came up empty-handed. I also tried googling this issue and nothing seems to come up. I'm beginning to think these files are all compressed into a .cab file or something...?

Anyone got any ideas? Sorry if this was really confusing...

EDIT: Nevermind... with some creative search terms in google I was able to find it... c:\windows\web\wallpaper. Don't know why it was so difficult for me to track down. Goes to show how unbelievably crappy the windows search function is, though. Sorry for this waste-o-space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back