Help: Which would you keep? Sony MDR-V6, MDR-7506, or MDR-ZX700?
Sep 26, 2014 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

phamtasm

Head-Fier
I recently auditioned these 3 because they're a good deal and are solid performers right now. However, I'm having a hard time deciding which one to keep. Knowing what you know, and not considering cost, which ones do you recommend keeping?

I don't use these for monitoring purposes, just casual listening and looking for one that will not be fatiguing me over long use. 

MDR-V6 - I really can't tell the difference between these and the 7506 at a first glance. 
MDR-7506 - They sound good and are definitely brighter than the XZ700.
MDR-ZX700 - These are definitely warmer than the other two classics, but I'm concerned about the build quality. 

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 3
I have all 3 and greatly prefer the ZX700 the warm mids and relaxed treble are just so much better for long listening sessions. Much more portable too without the coiled cable, and also the eaepads are roomier and more luxurious. The ZX700 to this day is one of my favorite headphones due to it's signature and as far as build, I've had mine for 3 years and it's still good as new. The two others are proven to be durable for decades tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back