HELP! What kind of connectors does this Speaker use!? Where to Find!
Aug 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

PinoyPogiman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi i recently found some old speakers from my Family house and got them before they threw them away.

I found the AV connectors for the Source. and it works, but theres another speaker which may be called the Tweeter that needs to be connected to it.
and i suppose the other is the Bass, or Subwoofer.

and i need to connect the Tweeters or else its just Bassy music playing and no treble
Need help now! please respond

as you see, the Connector that says: Speaker OUT i need to find. It looks similar to PS2 connectors, but i Need to find out what kind of connector this is?!

The Company brand is Point Source Audio. and this Point Source audio site does not show anything about this Speaker

I need help! i want to find out how well these sound!

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 10
That is a nonstandard audio connector as far as I'm aware. 

Do you have a picture of the speaker? Is there a cable attached to it?

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 10
Looks like an S-video cable connection. My Creative Inspire speakers used a similar connection to connect the right speaker that also controlled the power switch, volume, and headphone jack which would explain why there are so many contacts in that connector.

You would need the specific speaker meant for this system in order for it to work properly. Try eBay and see if you can find one on there.

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Looks like an S-video cable connection. My Creative Inspire speakers used a similar connection to connect the right speaker that also controlled the power switch, volume, and headphone jack which would explain why there are so many contacts in that connector.

You would need the specific speaker meant for this system in order for it to work properly. Try eBay and see if you can find one on there.

yes, i have the specific speaker for the system, as you saw the pic above.

its like a speaker that controlled the Volume, Bass, Source/s.  So you think i can find a Cable for it in Radioshack if i asked for S video cable?

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
yes, i have the specific speaker for the system, as you saw the pic above.

its like a speaker that controlled the Volume, Bass, Source/s.  So you think i can find a Cable for it in Radioshack if i asked for S video cable?

Well that connection has 6 pins and S-Video has 4 or 7 pins depending on the cable, so a regular s-video cable won't work. I'm not sure what kind of cable you could use then. I would google some types of cables and pin types and see if you can get any results.

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 10
Hey! Check this cable out. It seems from the picture that it would work but maybe see if you can find a shorter length...

Aug 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 10
what makes it weird, is that some of the old computer junk i have, which are Mouses and Keyboards with the old and outdated PS/2 connections. actually connect to the speakers.

and thats why its weird, because Speakers.. with Ps/2 connections that are for Keyboards and Mice. ?? what does that mean!?

Aug 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #8 of 10
Well,  it looks like you have one piece of the set, which is the subwoofer.  That connection looks like it's for the center speaker as shown in an add on fleabay.  It looks like you can still use the subwoofer without the center speaker if you have primary speakers.  However, the dialogue may sound a little weird without the center speaker.  HTS (home theater systems) can be found for relatively cheap and without proprietary components and connections.  You may be better off going with a newer and complete HTS rather than trying to find parts to complete what you have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Satellite-Speaker-System-subwoofer-Speakers-Point-Source-Phase-Audio-40-5034-/160729217484?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D15%26pmod%3D330776004193%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1331665690445066515&_qi=RTM1062688

Aug 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
what makes it weird, is that some of the old computer junk i have, which are Mouses and Keyboards with the old and outdated PS/2 connections. actually connect to the speakers.

and thats why its weird, because Speakers.. with Ps/2 connections that are for Keyboards and Mice. ?? what does that mean!?

It's just a cheap and simple way for the company to transfer data and control different operations with one cable. Get a male to male PS/2 cable and you should be able hook up the satellite speaker to the sub.

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

It's just a cheap and simple way for the company to transfer data and control different operations with one cable. Get a male to male PS/2 cable and you should be able hook up the satellite speaker to the sub.

Thanks, i Guess that Radioshack SHOULD have some PS/2 cables around. I went to one yesterday. the guy was really helpful but he said the only AUDIO style cables they had were XLR connections, Midi, DIMM, AV cables, banana plugs, etc etc. I dont blame him though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back