Help: Were my older Sennheiser HD650's refurbished instead of new ones?
Jun 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

daltonlanny

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,
I bought a supposed brand new pair of Sennheiser HD650's from J and R Music World back in 2007.
Again, they were supposed to be BRAND NEW, and J and R had the lowest price that I could find for a new pair back then.
The reason I am wondering about them is the fact that a couple of friends brought over their HD650's and a few other cans for a comparison a few days ago, and I noticed their headbands were totally different from mine, and the pads under their headbands were different from mine.
I also went to various websites, including Sennheisers, and the 650's shown in pictures looked like my friends 650's.
I also sold my son a pair of HD580's back a couple of years ago, and I noticed the headband and the pads under the headband looked just like the ones on my 650!
My friends units and the ones on various websites had the titanium colored headband with a metallic look, and the basic one piece pad with a dip under the middle of the headband. The headband was the same color as the outside part of the ear cup yokes.
Mine, on the other hand has the dull gray HD580 headband, and has 4 individual pads under the headband just like the 580's!
The outside of the earcup yokes on my 650's are the metallic titanium color just like my friends 650's, and they say "HD650" on them.
They do sound like 650's. They sound warmer and more laid back than the 580's and 600's.
Does anyone else out there have similar HD650's?
Do you think the units may have been refurbished and/or a B-stock item?
Any opinions about this would be greatly appreciated.
I am kind of disappointed and confused to say the least.
Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back