Help w/ Audio Mixer - PS4 + PC + Headset - Simultaneous Output
Sep 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Viilai

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I don't know too much about audio but would like some help with a solution.

I have an Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 Headset that I want to be able to use for PS4 Audio + Voice Chat (The mic on the headset). But I also want to listen to music on my PC simultaneously through the same headset.

Are there any solutions for this? I believe I need an audio mixer. I don't want to spend much and I want to buy within New Zealand.

Thank you

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 5
  I don't know too much about audio but would like some help with a solution.
I have an Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 Headset that I want to be able to use for PS4 Audio + Voice Chat (The mic on the headset). But I also want to listen to music on my PC simultaneously through the same headset.
Are there any solutions for this? I believe I need an audio mixer. I don't want to spend much and I want to buy within New Zealand.
Thank you

For surround sound gaming with a gaming console, you want to get an Astro Mix-amp.
If you also want to listen to audio from your PC, while gaming on the console, at the same time, maybe get the computer some speakers.

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 5
Huh, it already has speakers. I play late at night, I can't use them and even if I could my headphones block them out.

I did end up getting a mixer and so far it works perfect. It is plugged into the PS4 via USB and the PS4 picks the mixer up as a 'headset'. The PC is plugged in via 3.5mm -> 2RCA,

But... The mic wont work. It is picking up the audio that is playing and thinking that is mic input :/

I am plugging the headset's mic into the 3.5mm jack above the 3.5mm jack for the headset's audio.

Here is an image of the mixer:

http://www.rubbermonkey.co.nz/ProductImage/Huge/25698.jpg

The top-right just under the 'power' LED is where the 3.5mm jacks I'm using are. It seems to make no difference whether I plug a mic in or not so it's as if I'm not putting one in.

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 5
  Edit: It's fixed. I've never used a mixer before so had no idea what was going on. Now I understand. I had on main mix instead of phones :/

We may not fully understand the problem or just have not come up with a way to solve your issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back