Help! USB 2.0 not working
Apr 19, 2022 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Max Rayder

New Head-Fier
Hi I just got myself a Grace SDAC Balanced, still pending to get an amp. When I set it to USB 1 it works just fine, but on USB 2.0 is not working. I'm on the current latest version of windows 10 (Version 21H2) . How do I get it to work?

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 4
First thing I'd do is go to the manufacturer's website and see if they have a Windows Driver or Firmware upgrade for it. Then I'd try a different micro USB cable. USB cables are pretty bad sometimes, it sounds weird but the Amazon Basics USB cable works pretty good.

Apr 20, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #3 of 4
I'd remove the driver, set it to USB 2 and reinstall it in that mode. Make sure it's the driver that says 2.0 as they have a lot of different ones. Unplug it then plug it in again to make windows find it again. Did you check the firmware version to see which you have? I know on JDS DACs there's different versions for compatibility with consoles that need it.

Apr 20, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 4
As per Drop's it's supposed to be plug and play. Turns out, I found another usb cable around the house and tried it out. Now it's been confirmed, it was the usb cable all long, I can't believe this lol. Thank you so much for the help and feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back