Help Understanding Magni And Heretic For A Newbie
Jan 7, 2023 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

s1mp13m4n

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I am interested in my first even amp/dac stack. I am not an audiophile but rather interested in bang for the buck/value for the money. I have two headphones. Sony MDR7506 which I bought in high school decades a go, and new Grado SR325x. I do not listen to classical or jazz. My interests are 1955-1999 pop, rock, metal, country, old school hip-hop, new wave, punk, grunge, you get the idea. I tend to be the person that buys something and uses it until it breaks. I still have my late 90s stereo. Ok, so Magni+ vs. Heretic. One is discrete parts and the other uses op amps. Both amps offer the same power output. I want my music to get fun, energetic, draw me in. I am not looking for the most perfect reproduction, I want the music to give me chills, make me think "yes" or "wow". That is why I bought the Grado SR325x. For a non-audiophile, is there a real world difference? In my case is it as simple as pick the color you prefer? The Schiit website mentions that Magni/Modi is all you really need. As I understand it, the differences between Magni+ and Heretic are very minute. Thank you for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back