Help understanding JH13v2 fit issues
Mar 7, 2016 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zg1984

Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I've just received my JH13v2 and I think they have some kind of a problem, however I can't quite put my finger on it. I'd love to get your help. The description is as follows:

Since this is my first custom IEMs I'm not sure how good the isolation should be. Am I, for instance, supposed to be hearing people talking around me when the JH13s are in my ears but no music is playing? I definitely can hear outside noises when they are in my ears without music. When music is playing but with a low volume I can still hear people talking (although pretty vaguely). Of course if they'd be talking really quietly (while I'm with music) I wouldn't hear then but they definitely don't need to be shouting in order for it to be heard.   
I've also done the 'pressing-on-them-to-see-if-the-bass-increases test'. The bass doesn't change whether I press on them or not. But to be honest, I'm not getting too much bass regardless. Even when I set the bass controller to the maximum, the bass is sort of there but not too present. It feels like it lacks some punch.   
Not having any reference with other CIEMs, I would be surprised if what I'm hearing is the full ability of the JH13s (that get so many praises in every single review online). The CIEMs are without a question very detailed but they don't blow my mind away as I though they would. 

I'm not sure if this is helpful in any way but I'm attaching a couple of photos. Do they look to fit OK? I can't insert them any further (don't know if I'm supposed to). What stopping me from doing that is the upper inner part on which the serial number JH13v2-25906 is imprinted, as shown in the last photo. It is the same with both ears.

What can it be?? Thanks to all the helpers.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi

Have you tried the sensaphonics seal test to see if you are getting a good seal?

http://www.sensaphonics.com/test/index.html

No expert but my guess is that the left ear isn't fitting in quite right at the top part there.  It should tuck in under the flap a little more I think (take with a pinch of salt).  Have you check a couple of videos on youtube to see if you are putting them in correctly?

Dedicated JH13v2 thread here :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/794128/jh-audio-jh13-v2

Could try posting there to see what others might think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back