Help: UM2's broke! Arghhhgh!
Apr 28, 2007 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ZackT

500+ Head-Fier
Advise please folks...

I totally stuffed my old UM2's in a case with my 2 first gen iPod Shuffles one two many times. Now the left side IEM isn't working... big sigh!

What do you think i should do?

Take advantage of the 5% + discount from our sponsor and get another one (this time in black!)

Or pay the extra for an upgrade to E500 (or whatever the new version is called). Or perhaps the new E3's.

I'm really concerned about getting new phones as I absolutely love the UM2s but think that maybe this is a blessing in dis and I should push the boat out.

Does anyone out there really think that someone like me who loves the UM2's would be better off upgrading?

Thanks for your help.

ZackT

Apr 28, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 4
the black um2 is ugly as sin.

wait for the westone 3

Apr 28, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Have you tried e-mailing Westone to see if they can fix the issue? Might be cheeper than buying a new IEM. Then again you are in Australia, so shipping might be a bit steep unless the distributor over there can help you out.

If you love the UM2, and really want to upgrade, I'de suggest waiting for the new Westone 3's that are coming out next month. But what I think is wrong with your UM2 is that probably the wire is broken.

EDIT: Bah! xnothingpoetic beat me to it...

Apr 28, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 4
I'd either wait for the Westone 3 (although as a quick search of these forums will tell you, the 2 early reviews are underwhelming) or attempt to send them back to Westone, and eat the shipping. The latter would certainly be cheaper than upgrading to the SE530 (Which many would argue is not actually an upgrade at all). Good luck.
P.S. imo the black UM2 looks awesome, paired with my black DAP and black shure foamies. Very slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back