Help!!!UE700/600 which should I go for?
Mar 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #16 of 25
Personally find the 600 to have muffled treble. The 700 scale beautifully with an amp though. I picked the 700s over the 600 as i don't think the price difference is worth the difference in sound.

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #17 of 25

Quote:
I haven't tried the 600, but I absolutely love the 700's.  They're incredibly comfortable and sound great.  For similar $, I would look at getting a Triple.fi 10 on ebay.
Cheers!

I haven't such more money...
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
Between the two for what your music preferences are I would choose the UE700, I own both and the clear winner is the UE700 as it is more neautral then the TF10 which have recessed mids.

Your information is very useful,thanks.
And how many marks would you given to the 600,700 for their highs,mids and bass(the highest marks for each is 10)
Thank you so much!

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #21 of 25

Quote:

Looks like I'm going against the norm with this post. I own both the UE700 and UE600 and I'm waiting on the Tri Fi10 to be delivered by Amazon. If plenty of bass is the overriding factor you're looking for the UE600 has a warmer sound and a thumpier bass. The UE700 is closer to a neutral signature (not truly neutral in my book but whatever) compared to the UE600 but it won't thump like the UE600. The UE700 will give you far better detail retrieval though with nice fluid mids to boot and it's general sound signature is more aggressive compared to the more laid back sounding UE600. Which of the two you decide on comes down to what compromises you're willing to accept. If you want a warmer bassier sound that's more mainstream and easy to gravitate to the UE600 might be the better choice.. If you want a technically better IEM which brings better detail retrieval and aggression to the table at the cost of a less thumpier bass then the UE700 might be the better choice. Personally I love my UE700 to death but I won't fudge the facts, the UE600 has the thumpier bass not the clearest bass mind you but it can thump. Good luck hope my post was helpful

Bless
D.F.

I want the clear highs and the rich mids (I mean good for vocal)and plenty of bass which one would you suggest to me 600,700 without amped and also will the 700 to be very difficult to drive with the ipod classic directly(without extra amp i mean)?

Thanks a lot!

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #22 of 25
Also I'm considering some headphones such as AKG K450,Sony MDR-ZX700,Panasonic RP-HTX7(A) and the Sennheiser  HD448 as well?
Would you all do some comments for those headphone?Please~

Thanks a lot!

ASAP

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #23 of 25

Quote:
I have no amp so what about the the performance for the 600 & 700 without amped.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Also I'm considering some headphones such as AKG K450,Sony MDR-ZX700,Panasonic RP-HTX7(A) and the Sennheiser  HD448 as well?
Would you all do some comments for those headphone?Please~

Thanks a lot!

ASAP

Peter you're not understanding where I'm coming from. Please don't take my following comments as being rude because they're not meant to be. Here's the thing, you're basically asking everyone which IEM is the best for you which is an impossible answer to give considering it's your ears and not anyone elses. Technically the UE700 is the better IEM but just because it's technically the best IEM doesn't equate they will be the best for your personal preferences. Both IEM's will respond somewhat to amping but the differences are quite minimal and amping is definitely not required for them to shine. In your original post you indicated you wanted something with I quote "plenty of bass". The UE700 is only a borderline sounding mainstream IEM. What that means is it doesn't have what many mainstream people would call "plenty of bass". It's bass is quick fluid and punchy. What that means is it's not boomy and bloated with excessive sub bass. The UE600 can be classed as a more mainstream sounding IEM which means it's sound is more colored and leans on the warmer side of the sound spectrum. The end result is a more lusher fuller sounding signature at the expense of detail retrieval and speed and has a more pronounced mid and low frequency emphasis then the UE700. The UE700 is easily the more detailed and proficient IEM but just because it is doesn't mean you'll like it. What I'm trying to explain with this post is if you want to be absolutely sure if these IEM's are for you you'll have to either find someone in your area who'll let you listen to them or you'll have to do even more research and take a leap of faith and hope they work for you.

P.S.
I highly suggest you reedit your last post and remove the ASAP at the end of it. Around here people don't like to read that and consider it rather rude because it comes across sounding like you're snapping your fingers at us and demanding a quick answer. It's also the quickest way of getting your posts ignored by the community.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #24 of 25
There is no quick answer in audio. Do your own research. We're not here at your beck and call. If you have to have something fast, buy a popular item and use it as a springboard to begin your audio journey. You then have a reference point to compare to other's preferences.

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #25 of 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back