Help to pick new headphones
Nov 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kokofrank

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, i'm kinda new here
dt880smile.png
 and I know that this question have been asked a lot of times here, but, you know, every situation is different.
I'll be in a trip in around a month to US, and I decided to upgrade my headphones because I have some pretty basic ones, I use them to listen music in .flac in my Pc and also when i'm move to my college everyday and that's pretty much it. My budget is around 75-150.around this days I checked some headphones and the ones I liked are the:
Sennheiser HD428'S
PX 100-II
Koss Porta Pro
AKG K 240

(Also this ones are from stores like Radioshack, Bestbuy, Guitarcenter)
Since I don't have a residence in the US I can't really buy it in Amazon, Ebay or other online store, but if you know anything about some other stores I will be very thankful.
So, if you can have any recs for me of about other headphones that would be amazing! :D
That's all, and thanks! :)

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Do you want headphones that isolate, or not? The Sennheiser PX100II is quite compact and lets you hear your surroundings if you keep the volume low. The Portapro is a very old design, and imo the sound quality is lacking in detail. The PX100II is a much better choice if you want a compact open headphone. If you want to block some noise in your surroundings, the JVC HAS400 for only around $25 imo sounds much better than the PX100. The HAS400 has great detail, and much better highs than the PX100(I have the original PX100, although I read the PX100II isn't that much different in sound, just a bit bassier). The HAS400 is bulkier than the PX100II, however it isn't huge.

The AKG K240 is a large headphone, not really suitable for portable use. The HD428 is also quite large, much larger than the HAS400. The HAS400 also folds.

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 7
Do you want headphones that isolate, or not? The Sennheiser PX100II is quite compact and lets you hear your surroundings if you keep the volume low. The Portapro is a very old design, and imo the sound quality is lacking in detail. The PX100II is a much better choice if you want a compact open headphone. If you want to block some noise in your surroundings, the JVC HAS400 for only around $25 imo sounds much better than the PX100. The HAS400 has great detail, and much better highs than the PX100(I have the original PX100, although I read the PX100II isn't that much different in sound, just a bit bassier). The HAS400 is bulkier than the PX100II, however it isn't huge.

The AKG K240 is a large headphone, not really suitable for portable use. The HD428 is also quite large, much larger than the HAS400. The HAS400 also folds.
I would prefer isolated but not outstanding, just something very simple,I will check the JVC. What do you think about the Sony V-55?
Thanks for answering :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 7
Hi,

Beyerdynamic DTX501p seem to be very nice portable headphones.

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back