Help to choose an on-ear headphone to pair with Fiio X5
Jun 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

fr34k

New Head-Fier
Hi,

which on-ear headphone do you think is the best to pair with Fiio X5? 

I usually listen: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Metallica, The Black Keys, etc...

I don't want to spend more than 250 euros. I have read a lot about the follows, but I could not test them (I'm living in Italy):

V-Moda M100
Beyerdynamic T51p
Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser Amperior

Thank you!

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #8 of 10
  Between Soundmagic HP100 and Focal Spirit Professional, which one is the best for rock?

I haven't heard all of them but if you look at frequency response graphs, the soundmagic hp100 has a bit more of a v shaped response so it may be a bit more "fun" with rock. The yamaha mt220 is the brightest out of the three (although not by much) and that may increase percieved detail. The focal spirit pro seems like the most neutral out of the three.

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #10 of 10
Me again...

Between Soundmagic HP100 and AKG K550, which one do you think is the best for rock?
Well there are a few dips and spikes in the akg k 550 and it is noticeable(pretty much everybody notes the treble issue). The soundmagic hp100 has more of a v shapes response so you may find it more fun that way. If you are looking for an even more fun sounding can with a good soundstage, check out the yamaha pro 500. The price has dropped from $400 to $200 by the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back