Help to Build a New Audio Setup.
Feb 9, 2013 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Otakutron

New Head-Fier
Hello Guys this is my First Post, I'm here because i was searching information to see how to build a decent Audio Setup, and I end here. I want a Setup what can be used with a pair of Monitors and headsets, I have a Bose Headsets (I know they are not the best and are Overpriced... but is what we can buy a mortal in Best buy) For that reason I asking for your help, I want spend Between $1300 to $1500 dlls. 

I read the Forum in the past week, but today I made my account and I think you guys can help me :) 

This is what i think i need to my Setup, but I don't know whats Brand or Style
- Monitors
- Amp (who can work with the monitors and the headset)
- Headset

And i think is all, maybe cables or something else.

For all Many Thanks!!!

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #2 of 2
All from 1 source? 

Good monitoring for quality I'd go for powered monitors (See KRK, etc for decent sound for the price), lots of brands / options

Depending on what monitors / etc you go for, a Dac is important unless you have a quality source.

As a super rough plan;
o2+ODAC for 300, krk rokit 6 for $500 (powered so no separate amp for speakers), Good cans $400 and then you have cash left to tune, cable, customize etc

Not the be-all, lots of options, but not a bad plan. Depending on which Bose cans, you can sell them and add to the pool (maybe secondhand monitors / cans with better specs or a sub).

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back