Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
Oct 28, 2013 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Auronio

New Head-Fier
As the title says, the clamping force on them aren't as strong as most of the reviews have pointed out. They tend to fall off my head when I tilt back slightly. Anyone have any ideas on how to tighten them or perhaps a mod? I've tried bending them in and it helped a little. Perhaps its just the size of my head?

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 3
You could try stuffing foam or scrunched-up tissues between the earpads and baffle to make the ear pads thicker and stick out more - this should increase the clamping force, although it may change the sound a little. 
First try stuffing the part of the cups that sits behind your ear first. If that's not enough, then stuff them all the way round.

Also sometimes you can achieve a better fit by using the headband on a smaller setting, which is often counter-intuitive at first.

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 3
I actually have my headband on the smallest setting already 3: but, I never tried stuffing it only behind the ear, I have all around but I don't think it really helped. Just behind the ear I'd imagine it would lift the back side and stop it from sliding or something like that? I'll try it, thanks!

Edit: Worked quite well I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back