HELP ... STX not functioning well
Feb 6, 2014 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tigerdx619

Head-Fier
Hi All
 recently a bought a used (Xonar Essence STX) installed driver and card
when the volume is 100% i hear almost no sound both speakers and Headphones ( only very very low sound )

some stuff u might ask that i've already did
- 4-pin power cable is connected right
- driver used 1777 , 1793 , 1794
- Asus Essence STX speakers is the default playback
- i've chosen  heaphones and 2 speakers , still sound is coming but extremely low
- onboard sound cars is disabled

thanks in advance

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 10
That is quite weird.. You are using the headphone out on the stx, right? Do you hear any distortion, does the volume control work at all?
Which headphones?

I am positive you can adjust the gain on the stx so you might want to set it to high gain. 

I think there are both drivers supplied by asus and then some 3rd party drivers made to work for most/all asus cards. Might be worth a try. Think it is these drivers? http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 10
What headphones and speakers are you using?

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 10
That is quite weird.. You are using the headphone out on the stx, right? Do you hear any distortion, does the volume control work at all?
Which headphones?

I am positive you can adjust the gain on the stx so you might want to set it to high gain. 

I think there are both drivers supplied by asus and then some 3rd party drivers made to work for most/all asus cards. Might be worth a try. Think it is these drivers? http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

What headphones and speakers are you using?

My headphones is dt990 250ohm when gain was 0 -64 almost no sound
When it was 64 - 300 sounded higher but still very low
300 - 600 higher but still very very low
Tried both rca and headphones out
All the same issue
Tried with the dt990 and philips in ear and my fender amp

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 10
Any distortion or something like that?

Feb 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #7 of 10
I have no idea.

I suppose visual inspection reveals nothing?

If it was a faulty component I would suppose there would be either distortion, sound cutting out or problems with channel imbalance or something like that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back