* HELP! * Struggling with iBasso DX50 several months now... :(
Apr 24, 2016 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Kouzelna

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone and thank you.

I have an iBasso DX50 that I've been trying to use for months believe it or not, with no luck.  Just one problem after another after another.  I'm sad, and ready to give up, but it sounds good (when it works which is rarely) and I don't know what else to use, so I'm trying one last time to get it to work with your guys' help.

After weeks of struggling with the software's learning curve, I was able to use MediaMonkey to load my playlists and music successfully onto the SD Card of the DX50.  They are both listed now on the device.  (And the SD Card and all playlists work perfectly fine when accessed directly from MediaMonkey).

Here's what's going on as of today:

I updated the firmware today to the latest, then I carefully-double checked that MediaMonkey (MM) exported all the playlists and mp3 files to the SD card correctly, rebooted the player, rescanned the SD and here's what I get:

1.  Using the DX50, I navigate to SD Card > Playlists and choose a playlist.
2.  It asks if I want to import the playlist.  I choose OK.
3.  It rescans the entire music library again.  :frowning2:
4.  It imports the playlist, and a couple random other playlists I did not choose. (?)
5.  If I then navigate to Music and choose the playlist so I can listen to it, it's there... but with no songs.
6.  It does this with each and every separate playlist I choose, one at a time, but none of them work even after rescanning the whole SD Card again.
7.  Also, there doesn't seem to be any option to import "all" playlists; again, I must do this one at a time, but none of them work anyway.

Thank you for the help, 

Sadly, in all the months I've spend with the DX50 I've never yet found a simple way to load playlists onto the device and enjoy music.  Something has always not worked.  I can load folders with random files, of course, but no way to choose an order for them, make a playlist to enjoy, etc.  I am close to just giving up and selling the device for something else, but I don't know what else to pick.  My phone is great, (HTC One M7), but it does not have the quality DAC or outputs of the DX50, which I bought a long time ago to use with my tube amp... and still have never been able to use.

I hope someone here can help me, and thank you.  

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 20
SUCCESS!  sort of...

I got some advice from a guy of few words from iBasso and their rather amazingly sparse literature.  However, it worked!

I opened the .m3u file from iTunes Export in Notepad and found that it was sending for my "E" drive on my PC for the files, which the DX50 obviously didn't like.  I edited the code to a straight path, just leaving the song names and that's it.  Notepad kept the format when saving, thank God.  Then I put the .m3u and the song files in one folder, and stuck it on the DX50.  

On the SD or the Internal Flash Memory (FM), you still have to import the playlist one at a time and wait for a time-consuming rescan of the entire DX50's memory.  Sheesh.  But it works!  The playlist is listed in the "playlists" menu, and the songs play and proceed properly in order.

I tried it on the FM as well, and simply cancelled the SD scan after it scanned the FM and it worked fine.  Though that limits me to 6 GB.  However, beggars can't be choosers here, and I'm happy at least SOMETHING WORKS.

I guess realistically, when I have a day to kill I'll edit EVERY playlist I normally keep on in my selection, and load it all to my SD.  Then scan... each... o..n..e.....

Then I'll keep the FM for rotating playlists, and just load each one when necessary, which won't be a big deal.  With any luck, iSyncr's playlists are already coded properly via a straight path, as it stores all songs and playlists in a single folder, and then this would be a breeze.  I'll check it, and if it works out, I'll post it here.

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 20
SUCCESS! sort of...

I got some advice from a guy of few words from iBasso and their rather amazingly sparse literature. However, it worked!

I opened the .m3u file from iTunes Export in Notepad and found that it was sending for my "E" drive on my PC for the files, which the DX50 obviously didn't like. I edited the code to a straight path, just leaving the song names and that's it. Notepad kept the format when saving, thank God. Then I put the .m3u and the song files in one folder, and stuck it on the DX50.

On the SD or the Internal Flash Memory (FM), you still have to import the playlist one at a time and wait for a time-consuming rescan of the entire DX50's memory. Sheesh. But it works! The playlist is listed in the "playlists" menu, and the songs play and proceed properly in order.

I tried it on the FM as well, and simply cancelled the SD scan after it scanned the FM and it worked fine. Though that limits me to 6 GB. However, beggars can't be choosers here, and I'm happy at least SOMETHING WORKS.

I guess realistically, when I have a day to kill I'll edit EVERY playlist I normally keep on in my selection, and load it all to my SD. Then scan... each... o..n..e.....

Then I'll keep the FM for rotating playlists, and just load each one when necessary, which won't be a big deal. With any luck, iSyncr's playlists are already coded properly via a straight path, as it stores all songs and playlists in a single folder, and then this would be a breeze. I'll check it, and if it works out, I'll post it here.
Hi,
You are brave, I tried this method and it worked once but never again after that. I use Musicbee on windows to create and sync my playlists to my DX90. here's how i do it https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...sions-new-firmware-2-5-1.714421/post-17642428
Nothing I can do about the painfully long rescan however.
julien

Jul 18, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #4 of 20
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 20
Hey Julien, I really appreciate that!!! :) I will definitely try it!
Hi, I was writing from memory and forgot to mention the step add " /mnt/external_sd/ " to edit path in playlist sync settings. I corrected the post. I wiped my sd card and had to do it all over again. I was stuck for a moment asking myself how did I do it last time? :wink:

Oct 9, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #6 of 20
Hi, I was writing from memory and forgot to mention the step add " /mnt/external_sd/ " to edit path in playlist sync settings. I corrected the post. I wiped my sd card and had to do it all over again. I was stuck for a moment asking myself how did I do it last time? :wink:
Hey, thanks again. Not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean in Music Bee? Or the player... It's been a while, I gotta sit down and mess with this again, and see if I can make it fun to use. At the very least, for single album listens.

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 20
Hey, thanks again. Not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean in Music Bee? Or the player... It's been a while, I gotta sit down and mess with this again, and see if I can make it fun to use. At the very least, for single album listens.
Hi, sorry for not answering sooner. yes in musicbee. Select your device (in my case the one with the sd card) on the left hand panel to get in the synchronize panel. In settings, playlist storage, path prefix for tracks add " /mnt/external_sd/ "

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #8 of 20
Hi, sorry for not answering sooner. yes in musicbee. Select your device (in my case the one with the sd card) on the left hand panel to get in the synchronize panel. In settings, playlist storage, path prefix for tracks add " /mnt/external_sd/ "
Hey, excellent! Thanks again, I really truly appreciate this help. It's embarrassing how long I've had this iBasso without using it much. But phones just became so convenient, I was willing to sacrifice quality, which is truly unlike me. I guess the iBasso was just that difficult to use. But now I have more time, and want to rediscover all the great audio gear I have at home, and the iBasso is certainly one of those things. There's no comparison how much better it is, even than today's phones which are I guess 10 years newer then the iBasso. It's still radically better, even with MP3 source files.

Dec 20, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #9 of 20
Hey, excellent! Thanks again, I really truly appreciate this help. It's embarrassing how long I've had this iBasso without using it much. But phones just became so convenient, I was willing to sacrifice quality, which is truly unlike me. I guess the iBasso was just that difficult to use. But now I have more time, and want to rediscover all the great audio gear I have at home, and the iBasso is certainly one of those things. There's no comparison how much better it is, even than today's phones which are I guess 10 years newer then the iBasso. It's still radically better, even with MP3 source files.
Glad you'll have more use out of it! It speaks on how good it is if you never discarded it. It even sounds good with cheap KZ iems. I usually use it with Akg 501s at home and Fidelio M1s when on the move, What do you plan to use it with? I agree phones have not caught up, mine still have an annoying hiss with sensitive iems and no real fine volume control. But all in all we still need a certain level of user friendliness. I am still using ipods for how good it is scrolling through my collection. I hope I didn't miss a step in the explanation, if so don't hesitate to holler. I set up musicbee and the dap on another computer recently so I am sure it works ! I am listening to a playlist based on genre and rating as I type.

Dec 20, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #10 of 20
Glad you'll have more use out of it! It speaks on how good it is if you never discarded it. It even sounds good with cheap KZ iems. I usually use it with Akg 501s at home and Fidelio M1s when on the move, What do you plan to use it with? I agree phones have not caught up, mine still have an annoying hiss with sensitive iems and no real fine volume control. But all in all we still need a certain level of user friendliness. I am still using ipods for how good it is scrolling through my collection. I hope I didn't miss a step in the explanation, if so don't hesitate to holler. I set up musicbee and the dap on another computer recently so I am sure it works ! I am listening to a playlist based on genre and rating as I type.
Yeah, it's really amazing. I use it at home, with K712 and an old Glow Amp, their second series if I remember correctly, with the many improvements they made.

I wish that phones came standard with a line out, that would be great. My phone is pretty decent, and I have Poweramp with all its fine tuning EQ and effect control. I use them with probably the best portable headphones I've ever had, the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro. Everything about those headphones are just awesome. It's not accurate like an Etymotic IEM or something, but it just sounds so much fun. The standard built-in EQs available through the Soundcore app are great, with Poweramp's turned off. (And any phone sound processing turned off). Music sounds as close to being at a concert as I can imagine, and every song and album is just... for a better word... FUN! It's been years since I had that much fun with a new pair of headphones, and they're really cheap now.

But at home I really like more accuracy of course, so the DX50 with the Glow and K712s is truly amazing. I also have a B&O H6, for a more intimate sound, for when I don't feel like the big airy sound of the AKGs. Speaking of which, I just picked up a Beyerdynamic 880-250 that I'm looking forward to trying with the setup too, just for something different and because it was at such a great price on Amz Warehouse. It's supposed to be something between open and closed, so something in the middle of what I already have.

Thanks again. I will make a point of setting up next week as I'm on holiday, and letting you know either way if it works out, or I need a bit more help.

I recently took out an old HTC One M7 (original model) that I had, which was rated "best" for audio electronics, and had someone install a brand new battery for it, to use it as an Android-friendly music player, with Poweramp and iSyncr installed. iSyncr allows me to run my playlists through iTunes, on a PC with the Android phone. Best app ever made, pretty much, ha ha.

P.S. Poweramp has all kinds of fine volume control, so I use that because of course the phones don't have any. It may also have some anti-hiss stuff, it's a pretty full-featured app. It's available for iPhones too.

Dec 21, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #11 of 20
Yeah, it's really amazing. I use it at home, with K712 and an old Glow Amp, their second series if I remember correctly, with the many improvements they made.

I wish that phones came standard with a line out, that would be great. My phone is pretty decent, and I have Poweramp with all its fine tuning EQ and effect control. I use them with probably the best portable headphones I've ever had, the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro. Everything about those headphones are just awesome. It's not accurate like an Etymotic IEM or something, but it just sounds so much fun. The standard built-in EQs available through the Soundcore app are great, with Poweramp's turned off. (And any phone sound processing turned off). Music sounds as close to being at a concert as I can imagine, and every song and album is just... for a better word... FUN! It's been years since I had that much fun with a new pair of headphones, and they're really cheap now.

But at home I really like more accuracy of course, so the DX50 with the Glow and K712s is truly amazing. I also have a B&O H6, for a more intimate sound, for when I don't feel like the big airy sound of the AKGs. Speaking of which, I just picked up a Beyerdynamic 880-250 that I'm looking forward to trying with the setup too, just for something different and because it was at such a great price on Amz Warehouse. It's supposed to be something between open and closed, so something in the middle of what I already have.

Thanks again. I will make a point of setting up next week as I'm on holiday, and letting you know either way if it works out, or I need a bit more help.

I recently took out an old HTC One M7 (original model) that I had, which was rated "best" for audio electronics, and had someone install a brand new battery for it, to use it as an Android-friendly music player, with Poweramp and iSyncr installed. iSyncr allows me to run my playlists through iTunes, on a PC with the Android phone. Best app ever made, pretty much, ha ha.

P.S. Poweramp has all kinds of fine volume control, so I use that because of course the phones don't have any. It may also have some anti-hiss stuff, it's a pretty full-featured app. It's available for iPhones too.
I'd like to get my hands on a more modern pair of akg cans just to compare with mine but I'm fairly happy with the 501s. A few years back, I bought an Aune X1s amp believing I would need more power but the DX90 seems to do just fine without it. Their sound signature seem pretty similar to me (same sabre DAC if I remember correctly), so it makes for an nice amp for my computer. If I ever find a bargain second hand tube amp close by, I'll sure be tempted to try.
I like the idea of the Beyers 880, closed enough to be more "punchy" without being too tiring to wear for longer stretches. What's a good price for those?
I am not a wireless user but I'll keep the soundcore recommendation in mind for friends looking for decent audio gear, there's so much earbuds garbage out there. Music should feel like you're there, so that's high paise.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to the software I use and I believe Musicbee might be the greatest music player and manager ever. It can sync with almost anything, android via Wifi included (though I don't use it much). All my daps are synced on it, 2 ipods for podcasts and audiobooks and one modded Gen5 ipod and the DX90 with all my music collection, all synced on the same platform. It is kind of old school now but I plug one in and any changes to my library are transferred seamlessly, pretty cool 2006 style!

One option I like very much is the filters. On the main Musicbee interface (Library on the top left) you can create filters for showing specific library content. I made one for showing audiobooks only for example. And these filters will be available to select in the Sync window. Pretty neat to manage devices with different storage sizes.
All of it is very customizable, you can make it look like any version of itunes while staying light with a big music collection.
Now I just need to make it work on Linux, not there yet lol.
Alright, enough proselytism! You get my point :)

The old HTCs have attained legendary status by now, is it still better than a modern android phone?
Isyncr looks like a good option, good to see it can sync wirelessly. Poweramp is great and not too cluttered, I have not tried it in a while, thanks.

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #12 of 20
I'd like to get my hands on a more modern pair of akg cans just to compare with mine but I'm fairly happy with the 501s. A few years back, I bought an Aune X1s amp believing I would need more power but the DX90 seems to do just fine without it. Their sound signature seem pretty similar to me (same sabre DAC if I remember correctly), so it makes for an nice amp for my computer. If I ever find a bargain second hand tube amp close by, I'll sure be tempted to try.
I like the idea of the Beyers 880, closed enough to be more "punchy" without being too tiring to wear for longer stretches. What's a good price for those?
I am not a wireless user but I'll keep the soundcore recommendation in mind for friends looking for decent audio gear, there's so much earbuds garbage out there. Music should feel like you're there, so that's high paise.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to the software I use and I believe Musicbee might be the greatest music player and manager ever. It can sync with almost anything, android via Wifi included (though I don't use it much). All my daps are synced on it, 2 ipods for podcasts and audiobooks and one modded Gen5 ipod and the DX90 with all my music collection, all synced on the same platform. It is kind of old school now but I plug one in and any changes to my library are transferred seamlessly, pretty cool 2006 style!

One option I like very much is the filters. On the main Musicbee interface (Library on the top left) you can create filters for showing specific library content. I made one for showing audiobooks only for example. And these filters will be available to select in the Sync window. Pretty neat to manage devices with different storage sizes.
All of it is very customizable, you can make it look like any version of itunes while staying light with a big music collection.
Now I just need to make it work on Linux, not there yet lol.
Alright, enough proselytism! You get my point :)

The old HTCs have attained legendary status by now, is it still better than a modern android phone?
Isyncr looks like a good option, good to see it can sync wirelessly. Poweramp is great and not too cluttered, I have not tried it in a while, thanks.
This is why I love this website, because of conversations like this, ha ha. I have to start being more active here again. :)

For Xbox and PC movies I (of course) use M50 headphones (Audio Technica). Nothing beats them and they are indestructible, which is crucial for poorly mixed films and games that suddenly crank up the bass and make for a lot of distortion. I use an old CMoy amp that Sanjay built for my Etymotics, which does really well for the M50. He also built one for my K712 which is great if I want to take them on the go, which admittedly would be rare, but it works awesome.

Have you tried the K7 series? I always loved the K701 but found it too sibilant. The K702 was a big improvement for me, much better balanced at both ends, and then the K712 just took the same sound signature to a whole new level of clarity and openness. I guess the new K812 is supposed to be insane, but unfortunately so is the price, and it's one of those things where a lot of reviewers say they can't really tell the difference between it and the K712, so I'll just stick to what I have. Even brand new, you can get the K712 for just $300 or so these days, which is such a steal for that level of quality.

I paid just $129 for a "certified refurbished" 880-250 ("pro") through Amz Warehouse which I think was an insanely great price. Really looking forward to enjoying them, and hoping my existing CMoy for the Etymotics will power them nicely. Both they and the K712 really do need a lot of external power. The M50 and my B&O H6 run fine off a phone.

I always thought I wasn't into wireless either, but I was finally won over by sheer convenience. I've been using wireless at home for years while cooking, cleaning etc., so it just made sense to try wireless outdoors, and the Soundcore really won me over. Yeah everything I tried before was crap, so I'd just written it off. I'm not even sure why I turned to the Soundcores, except that every other product I've bought over the years from Anker/Soundcore was awesome quality for a great price, so it seemed natural to start there first. Maybe I saw an ad or something, I don't know. I wasn't expecting much. But man... yeah, truly feels like you're there, the sound can only be described as "epic." Just mind-blowing. You really have to give them a try, it's such a big, huge, "garage stereo at full blast" sound. And I'm really, really picky. Like I said I wouldn't turn to it for audiophile listening sessions, but for walking around town and traveling they are absolutely amazing, and I look forward to listening to them - I even bought two, so I could KEEP listening to one set while the other is charging - and that's high praise indeed.

Wow, I didn't even think to ask if you could sync with MusicBee. Wow that makes me happy. I miss those days from the early 2000s with my iMac and iPod. To have that experience with my player on a PC would be a dream. I powered up MusicBee today just to run updates, and there aren't any. Awesome!

I'm not sure if the HTC is better than my modern phone, it's on my list to do a session and compare. The all metal body is awesome, though! I have a really nice case for it too, and it's about 10 times smaller than my modern phone. I'd like to get myself into the habit of leaving my phone at home sometimes, and just carrying the HTC as a music and audiobook player, with no internet connection or phone/text features.

iSyncr is awesome. Super simple. Once setup it just functions. When you plug in your device, it powers up and loads iTunes first. Then it loads itself, reads the iTunes library, and deletes all it's playlists on the device (but not the music files). Then it reloads each playlist, and adds/deletes music files to reflect the updated or new playlists. It does this all super fast, and in fact is even faster via WiFi. It hasn't been updated in many years, and just runs perfectly most of the time. If there are any errors caused by itself or problems with music files, it lists them at the end so you can review and make changes to the playlists with problems. I've been successfully running my updates for several years without errors now.

I have a friend who is a huge music and Linux fan, and a tech, so if you run into serious trouble I can PM you his email address so you can ask for help. I'll write more next week when I sit down and create my first MusicBee playlists and run them into my phone and DX50. Really can't wait! Only took 10 years or so for someone to write me the proper way to do this, ha ha!

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #13 of 20
This is why I love this website, because of conversations like this, ha ha. I have to start being more active here again. :)

For Xbox and PC movies I (of course) use M50 headphones (Audio Technica). Nothing beats them and they are indestructible, which is crucial for poorly mixed films and games that suddenly crank up the bass and make for a lot of distortion. I use an old CMoy amp that Sanjay built for my Etymotics, which does really well for the M50. He also built one for my K712 which is great if I want to take them on the go, which admittedly would be rare, but it works awesome.

Have you tried the K7 series? I always loved the K701 but found it too sibilant. The K702 was a big improvement for me, much better balanced at both ends, and then the K712 just took the same sound signature to a whole new level of clarity and openness. I guess the new K812 is supposed to be insane, but unfortunately so is the price, and it's one of those things where a lot of reviewers say they can't really tell the difference between it and the K712, so I'll just stick to what I have. Even brand new, you can get the K712 for just $300 or so these days, which is such a steal for that level of quality.

I paid just $129 for a "certified refurbished" 880-250 ("pro") through Amz Warehouse which I think was an insanely great price. Really looking forward to enjoying them, and hoping my existing CMoy for the Etymotics will power them nicely. Both they and the K712 really do need a lot of external power. The M50 and my B&O H6 run fine off a phone.

I always thought I wasn't into wireless either, but I was finally won over by sheer convenience. I've been using wireless at home for years while cooking, cleaning etc., so it just made sense to try wireless outdoors, and the Soundcore really won me over. Yeah everything I tried before was crap, so I'd just written it off. I'm not even sure why I turned to the Soundcores, except that every other product I've bought over the years from Anker/Soundcore was awesome quality for a great price, so it seemed natural to start there first. Maybe I saw an ad or something, I don't know. I wasn't expecting much. But man... yeah, truly feels like you're there, the sound can only be described as "epic." Just mind-blowing. You really have to give them a try, it's such a big, huge, "garage stereo at full blast" sound. And I'm really, really picky. Like I said I wouldn't turn to it for audiophile listening sessions, but for walking around town and traveling they are absolutely amazing, and I look forward to listening to them - I even bought two, so I could KEEP listening to one set while the other is charging - and that's high praise indeed.

Wow, I didn't even think to ask if you could sync with MusicBee. Wow that makes me happy. I miss those days from the early 2000s with my iMac and iPod. To have that experience with my player on a PC would be a dream. I powered up MusicBee today just to run updates, and there aren't any. Awesome!

I'm not sure if the HTC is better than my modern phone, it's on my list to do a session and compare. The all metal body is awesome, though! I have a really nice case for it too, and it's about 10 times smaller than my modern phone. I'd like to get myself into the habit of leaving my phone at home sometimes, and just carrying the HTC as a music and audiobook player, with no internet connection or phone/text features.

iSyncr is awesome. Super simple. Once setup it just functions. When you plug in your device, it powers up and loads iTunes first. Then it loads itself, reads the iTunes library, and deletes all it's playlists on the device (but not the music files). Then it reloads each playlist, and adds/deletes music files to reflect the updated or new playlists. It does this all super fast, and in fact is even faster via WiFi. It hasn't been updated in many years, and just runs perfectly most of the time. If there are any errors caused by itself or problems with music files, it lists them at the end so you can review and make changes to the playlists with problems. I've been successfully running my updates for several years without errors now.

I have a friend who is a huge music and Linux fan, and a tech, so if you run into serious trouble I can PM you his email address so you can ask for help. I'll write more next week when I sit down and create my first MusicBee playlists and run them into my phone and DX50. Really can't wait! Only took 10 years or so for someone to write me the proper way to do this, ha ha!
I tried to get rid of itunes for sooo long but I still like a fancy interface with albums covers, and Musicbee indeed covers all bases. Once I had found the fix, I pondered if anyone would still be interested. See, I rarely ever post anything. But I had to tell someone it could work! And here we are!
Thanks for the offer, I'm new to linux. I 'll tinker with it for a while and see if I'm in over my head and need some help.
I see you're not too keen on constant updates, I also find it irritating. Musicbee does not have an auto updater, you just install the newer version over it if you feel like it. It won't overwrite your settings or ratings.
I believe MB work in most the same way you describe Isyncr when updating playlist and showing errors in transfer if any. When you edit a tag like name, genre or rating it will remove the track and copy the new version when you sync.

I'm not too fond of wireless earbuds because I want my devices to be somewhat repairable. For the DX90, I've bought 4 batteries and two samsung S3 chargers so I'm all set to make it last a while.
I've been looking for a second hand K7 series, I'll see if one in good condition pops up. I expect the k702 and k712 are better on the lower end than my K501 while keeping the openness that I love. It's been hard to go back to closed backs even for movies. I find voice clarity to be the most important criteria when watching movies.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #14 of 20
I tried to get rid of itunes for sooo long but I still like a fancy interface with albums covers, and Musicbee indeed covers all bases. Once I had found the fix, I pondered if anyone would still be interested. See, I rarely ever post anything. But I had to tell someone it could work! And here we are!
Thanks for the offer, I'm new to linux. I 'll tinker with it for a while and see if I'm in over my head and need some help.
I see you're not too keen on constant updates, I also find it irritating. Musicbee does not have an auto updater, you just install the newer version over it if you feel like it. It won't overwrite your settings or ratings.
I believe MB work in most the same way you describe Isyncr when updating playlist and showing errors in transfer if any. When you edit a tag like name, genre or rating it will remove the track and copy the new version when you sync.

I'm not too fond of wireless earbuds because I want my devices to be somewhat repairable. For the DX90, I've bought 4 batteries and two samsung S3 chargers so I'm all set to make it last a while.
I've been looking for a second hand K7 series, I'll see if one in good condition pops up. I expect the k702 and k712 are better on the lower end than my K501 while keeping the openness that I love. It's been hard to go back to closed backs even for movies. I find voice clarity to be the most important criteria when watching movies.
The reason I stayed with iTunes is simply the drag n' drop. I can drag n' drop files, or whole folders. I never figured out how to do that with MB, it seemed I always had to go through the (very) tedious old school Windows file tree. Is drag n' drop available for MB in any newer version? I have 3.0.6276. I'm using Win 8.1 and still really love it. My PC is 14 years old and still humming along doing everything I enjoy.

I stuck with wired headphones and earbuds forever for quality purposes, but finally just got sick of the wires, especially when trying to exercise. However, I just wasn't expecting how truly terrific the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro was going to sound. I liked the quality of their bluetooth portable speakers so that's why I gave them a try first, only reason. But when I heard how great they sound, and how fun they sound (like a live club show as I said), I was hooked. Now I have 2 pair and 4 charging cases, ha ha.

I've never tried my open headphones for movies and games. The closed M50 is so great for that. Movies and especially games are mixed for surround sound speakers I guess, so one minute I'm struggling to hear dialogue, and the next some spaceship is landing and the volume shoots so high as to cause distortion. The M50 can handle it; I'm afraid my delicate H6 or K714 could not and it would damage them. But I also play late at night sometimes and don't want to wake my neighbors and the M50 is pretty much silent when it's on my head even at "Halo" volume.

Yeah the K702 and K712 are both big improvements in low end, and less sibilance, than the K701 my first favorite. I don't know about the K501. I totally fell in love with the K702 as it was everything I loved in the K701, but with everything I hated fixed. Which I guess was AVG's point in making them. And then the K712 took all of it to a whole new level of audiophile quality. It's the best headphone I've ever had, out of say 50 or so that I've owned in the past. I can't recommend them enough for the detailed, airy, open sound. Especially with a great amp, I matched mine with a Glow Amp One, their second series which improved on some issues they had with the first release. It effortlessly powers the K712s and gives them all the room they need to really shine with a good source like the DX50.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #15 of 20
It makes me want to try the 712 even more !
Yes, you can drag and drop. click on the arrow in front of your DAP on the left panel, it will show the Music folder of the device. Then you can drag and drop albums to it. Another way is to right click on the tracks or album, select send to and then your device.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back