Help - Static with my new Takstar HD6000 worse with mouse movement
Sep 13, 2013 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pcnoob101

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I just got the Takstar HD6000 and I'm hearing a static noise when I have them plugged into the back of my pc.  When I move the mouse I can hear it through the static, like the static changes in pitch.  It's very weird.  

My system is new:
mb: asus z87-a
cpu: 4670k
gpu:gtx 760
case:fractal r4
windows 8 64bit

I am using onboard sound with the latest drivers.  The strange thing is when I have the headphones plugged into the front jack there is no static.  The takstar hd6000 comes with an extension cable and the static is much more pronounced when using this cable.  When I don't use the cable and have the phones plugged into the back of the pc I still hear static, but it is more like the static you hear when you have a mic plugged, less high pitched.  But I do not have a mic plugged in.  I have tried a different set of headphones with the extension cable and get the same static.

The onboard sound is Realtek.  

The simple solution would be to just use the front jack, but I would prefer it to be plugged into the back of the PC.  Is there something wrong with any of my components?  Any ideas on what I can try to get rid of this static?

Thanks

Sep 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 2
Might solve noise issue.

Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card, $27 ($10 mail in rebate).
Asus Xonar U3 (USB) sound card $40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back