Help - SRM-252s Power supply
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 9
Mar 6, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 9
Mar 6, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 9
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 9
I don't know that I'd use an unregulated power supply. https://www.apgsensors.com/about-us...ween-regulated-and-unregulated-power-supplies

As for the current of the supply, being higher than required is fine as the device presents the load, you just don't want to use a supply with lower amperage than the decice requires.
Hmm alright then. Well it specifically is rated for 4watts and this supplies 6 watts. And the regulated load is supposedly better for long term use. Thank for the help guys!

BTW...

Is SRM-252s supposed to be hot to the touch? It's not burn my hand off hot but its pretty much on the warmer side.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 9
Hey sorry meant to amend this, at least in perpetuity =/ Must've missed the last post somehow, my apoligies @Miru

The supply that comes with the Stax is an unregulated linear wall wart(12v 500ma) with center pin negative. So the supply that you have is good.

Is SRM-252s supposed to be hot to the touch? It's not burn my hand off hot but its pretty much on the warmer side.
Yes, the 252s gets warm, its a class a amplifier.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #8 of 9
Hey sorry meant to amend this, at least in perpetuity =/ Must've missed the last post somehow, my apoligies @Miru

The supply that comes with the Stax is an unregulated linear wall wart(12v 500ma) with center pin negative. So the supply that you have is good.

Yes, the 252s gets warm, its a class a amplifier.
Lol np! Thanks, this is my first class a amplifier so I was a little worried if it's supposed to operate like this.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #9 of 9
Asking a favor. Does anyone have a recent SRM-252S that would be willing to open it up and take a couple pics for me? (By recent, I mean last 3-4 years.) The serial number of mine is D2S-09195.

I will soon be doing an article detaling thorough modifications to make this amp sound good. But I forgot to take photos of both sides of the pcb before starting! These pics are necessary for identifying and locating components. One straight-on shot of each side is needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back