Help; Specific Use Case and Need Experience
Oct 1, 2018 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gaudion

New Head-Fier
Okay so here's the deal and here's the overall equipment involved.

1. Schitt Asgard 2 (Connected via RCA to Mon Out Mixer)
2. AKG K702s (Obviously don't want to use these at a higher push on the Asgard 2)
3. Allen and Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer

Request:
A transitional part of headphones similar to these with a higher ohm / impedance.

Use: Studio Reference Listening If possible.
Budget: $200-$500 (If I had the money, I'd probably go with a pair of Sennheiser HD800s, but hey; gotta work with what I can)

What can I look at for what I'm after? I don't mind constructive criticism; but I do want to use the amp I have as it does sound better to me.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Okay so here's the deal and here's the overall equipment involved.

1. Schitt Asgard 2 (Connected via RCA to Mon Out Mixer)
2. AKG K702s (Obviously don't want to use these at a higher push on the Asgard 2)
3. Allen and Heath ZED60-10FX Mixer

Request:
A transitional part of headphones similar to these with a higher ohm / impedance.

Use: Studio Reference Listening If possible.
Budget: $200-$500 (If I had the money, I'd probably go with a pair of Sennheiser HD800s, but hey; gotta work with what I can)

What can I look at for what I'm after? I don't mind constructive criticism; but I do want to use the amp I have as it does sound better to me.

If you're okay with used, you may be able to find a pair of HD800 at the upper end of your budget range.

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 5
You can try the new HD660s. It amazed me. Else, HD600 is a decent choice!
Reading over on these- they look promising; now I just need to actually find a local place that has them to try them out haha.

Edit: I feel like I neglected to mention that I will be using this as a general set of headphones- I do a little bit of production work on the side as well as listen. So I should ask will the HD660 S provide well for all that? I do prefer open back for listening and am aware I won't reach the same level of soundstage as I do with these current headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back