HELP: Speakers don't work when chained off of Subwoofer
Mar 27, 2015 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

StormClaw

New Head-Fier
Guys, anyone have any idea why my monitors don't work when chained off of Subwoofer?

Here's what I got:

OPPO HA-1 DAC
EVE AUDIO TS108 Subwoofer
ADAM A5X speakers

I'm connecting Sub to Oppo through XLR cables. Then connecting speakers to Sub through XLR cables. Sub is working but speakers not.

When I connect speakers directly to OPPO DAC they work fine. But i want them to work through Sub for filtering, etc.
confused.gif

What could be the problem?

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 15
Just a shot in the dark--a wild guess--but have you tried engaging and disengaging the satellite filter? Have you tried the many other adjustments that your sub has?

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 15
Just a shot in the dark--a wild guess--but have you tried engaging and disengaging the satellite filter? Have you tried the many other adjustments that your sub has?

Tried everything. Every setting on the Sub.

It seems that speakers just don't get any signal from the sub. Could it be a hardware problem? (incompatibility?)

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #7 of 15
When the monitors are connected to the sub, does the sub output a signal?

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #8 of 15
No, ordered from a vendor in France. And i'm outside of the EU :<

That's no fun :frowning2:

Did you verify that the cables work? In other words, when you hooked the speakers up to the Oppo, did you use the same cables that the sub was connected with, or did you try other cables you were using to connect the speakers to the sub?

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #9 of 15
I normally use ADAM with ADAM and EVE with EVE but to set your mind 100% at rest as regards compatibility I have just now connected my EVE TS108 sub to my ADAM A5X. Works perfectly.

In fact since there is no way to prevent a signal appearing on the sat outs on the sub when the unit is powered on you cannot have made a mistake with the settings either.

So, since you know the sub works on it's own, the mains work on their own, all you have needed to check is that both sets of cable are functioning. Have you done that? i.e. by using both when connecting up individual parts.

Clutching at straws here but have you double checked you are using the sat outs on the sub not the LFE ins and outs? After that and making yet another complete check all else is correct I'm afraid the only logical conclusion is that you have managed to acquire a duff unit. Rare but obviously not impossible. It will have to go back. Soon. I feel your pain but that's the facts.

Given your circumstances this might be a hassle you could have done without. I'd be very interested to know the name of the French distributor and how he responds to your RMA request.

In your position I'd write direct to EVE. They have a very good reputation for customer service. Please keep us up to date on progress. Quality of service aftercare is a key determinant of an audio company's total offering so getting reliable feedback is important to everyone.

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 15
  I normally use ADAM with ADAM and EVE with EVE but to set your mind 100% at rest as regards compatibility I have just now connected my EVE TS108 sub to my ADAM A5X. Works perfectly.

In fact since there is no way to prevent a signal appearing on the sat outs on the sub when the unit is powered on you cannot have made a mistake with the settings either.

So, since you know the sub works on it's own, the mains work on their own, all you have needed to check is that both sets of cable are functioning. Have you done that? i.e. by using both when connecting up individual parts.

Clutching at straws here but have you double checked you are using the sat outs on the sub not the LFE ins and outs? After that and making yet another complete check all else is correct I'm afraid the only logical conclusion is that you have managed to acquire a duff unit. Rare but obviously not impossible. It will have to go back. Soon. I feel your pain but that's the facts.

Given your circumstances this might be a hassle you could have done without. I'd be very interested to know the name of the French distributor and how he responds to your RMA request.

In your position I'd write direct to EVE. They have a very good reputation for customer service. Please keep us up to date on progress. Quality of service aftercare is a key determinant of an audio company's total offering so getting reliable feedback is important to everyone.

Thank you for the reply and testing  RonaldDumsfeld
Yes, I checked the cables, they are fine. And ofc i'm connecting the speakers to the correct sat outs (not LFE)

This is the vendor i got it from: http://www.global-audio-store.fr/en/ 
Gonna contact them and see if something can be worked out.

BTW, is there any tool that could measure if there's an output signal on the Sub? So that I could test it locally before returning the Sub?

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #11 of 15
Just curious if you tried following on remote?

Pure Satellite Button Use the Pure Satellite button to mute the subwoofer (Mute function: see Subwoofer Mute) so that the audio signal is transmitted without any f iltering to the satellite speakers. This allows you to switch easily between satellites + subwoofer mode and pure satellite mode (without subwoofer and without any filtering

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #12 of 15
Yea man tried that. If only sats are turned on - whole system just shuts down (nothing from sub and nothing from sattelites)

I took it down to a local music store and they couldn't get their own speakers to work either - seems no signal is going out to them from the sub.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #13 of 15
Yea man tried that. If only sats are turned on - whole system just shuts down (nothing from sub and nothing from sattelites)

I took it down to a local music store and they couldn't get their own speakers to work either - seems no signal is going out to them from the sub.

So what did the vendor and/or manufacturer say?

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #14 of 15
Manufacturer sent me a PDF guide on how to disassemble it and check internal connectors. 
After I had done it and it didn't help they said to ship the unit to them (Berlin, Germany) through the dealer i bought it from.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #15 of 15
Could just be a bad connection. I've heard of that happening on subs, although usually it's the the connection to the sub driver (easy to fix in that situation) that has come loose during shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back