Help - spares for HE 60
Apr 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

struts

100+ Head-Fier
Hoping some of you HE 60 veterans out there can help me. I am trying to get hold of the following. Pointers to any sources gratefully received:

- Replacement ear cushions (original)
- Replacement headband cushion (original)
- adapter that allows the HE 60 to be plugged into an amp with a standard electrostat connector (e.g. Stax)

Many thanks!

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 9
I recommend replacing the headband cushion with one from an HD-600 or HD-650. It's direct fit, looks better, much more durable and more comfortable.

Call Sennheiser for new cushions. They can probably order them for you.

Do a search on Head-Fi for the adapter. Someone may be able to build it for you. The adapter I had used an automobile wiring harness as the female end for the HE-60. I think it was a Saturn part that bozebuttons found.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 9
To me, the adapters never sounded as good as direct Stax termination - could be psycho acoustic, but I have no interest in running the he60 through the hev70 - complete waste of time.

x2 on Alex for the cable - adapter or direct termination, though you _can_ do it yourself. Just find a good Amphenol plug, not the WPI standard fare.

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 9
Many thanks for the responses guys. I enquired with Sennheiser locally here in Sweden and they referred me to an independent spares supplier, HeadParts Webshop. Headparts doesn't list any parts for the HE 60 on their website although they do have some spares for the HE 90 which may help someone. I have sent them an email enquiring but not heard back yet.

If anybody can point me to a source for NOS earcups (e.g. a Sennheiser subsid that has them in stock - preferably EU) that would be great.

As far as the adapter is concerned I realize it would be easier to reterminate but given that the HE 60s are well on the way to 'classic' status I would prefer a solution that didn't involve surgery. It would also be fun to compare other amps directly with the HEV 70. Appreciate the instructions jherbert, but I have no idea where I would source the plug. What is the connector called? I haven't even been able to find one that looks like it online.

If anybody knows somebody who could make one for me please pass on the contact, I'd be happy to pay.

Apr 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 9
The connector is just something Sennheiser came up with and is not available anywhere else. There might be something similar that could fit (like the Saturn part) but the best course of action is to just cut off the plug and put in a 5 pin Stax plug.

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by struts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headparts doesn't list any parts for the HE 60 on their website although they do have some spares for the HE 90 which may help someone. I have sent them an email enquiring but not heard back yet.

i dont know about headband pads but he90 earpads dont fit he60, just to let you know..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back