Help sorting out a Paypal refund issue
Aug 27, 2019 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Amarphael

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,

After more than a decade I finally got into a really bad transaction with a seller here on HF. After I sent him payment and he didn't respond whatsoever in more than 24 hours, and i saw he was logged in a couple of times, I got spooked and posted a warning message on his listing (all of them) and reported him to the mods. After that he got immediately mad with me and then stopped all meaningful communication (which also prior to the payment wasn't all that great) and also hid his online status .

When one of the admins got involved the seller eventually (after several days) sent me a refund that got stuck in 'pending' status for another few days and then I got a cancellation message from Paypal saying that it was not processed successfully at the sender's side. When I related this back to the admin he got back to me that the seller that has denied cancelling or doing anything that might have caused the refund to fail and suggested to open a claim and check with paypal for the cause of the problem.

So I now have a couple of options with the claim procedure:
1. Billing issue>Refund not recevied:
11fgng6.png

If opt that i cancled the order i'm required for a cancellation number which i suppose is not relevant for this kind of transaction where no merchant is involved?
Also, what files should I include:
RsMqOMJ.png

All these pertain to a retail transaction.

2. Or should I just go for 'I didn't receive my item' and dump a whole lot of PM screenshots to support my case?

Please help choose the correct type of claim to sort out this mess.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 2
Based on the info you have stated above; you made a big fuzz after only 24hrs?
He could be a con or just being lazy, or poor customer service skill. Unless you have had more info (not mentioned) that raised the red flag on this guy.

I'm light on Paypal myself; I think you have about 20 days to file a Dispute with PP, which you may have already done here(I think). If both parties can not come to a resolution, then you could escalate the Dispute to a Claim within a time limit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back