HELP: Sony ZX2 TRRS Cable -> TRS/Balanced Source - Adapters?
Nov 15, 2015 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Occy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I just need a little help/advice as I'm a bit confused about Sony's TRRS connector for the ZX2.

I currently have a ZX2, RSA Intruder and Noble K10's. I'm looking at getting a custom Wagnus TRRS cable for my ZX2/K10's, but I'm also thinking about buying the new Chord Mojo soon as I can get it reasonably priced and free shipping in Japan.

I have a custom cable for my Intruder already.

So my question is.... If I have a new TRRS cable made for my ZX2, can I use the same TRRS cable with the Mojo as source?
Or will I need a TRRS -> SE adapter? And how much effect will this have on the SQ? Will it make my cable upgrade a pointless exercise?

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Basically asking...

Will it work if I plug the TRRS plug below, into a S/E socket? Or would I risk damage/no sound?

Looking at the ring positions, I can't see an issue, but I could be wrong.

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 4
I asked this exact question about the Geek Out V2+ to some of the cable manufacturers(moon audio and norne audio) and basically the response I got was - 
Yes in theory it should be fine. Plugging in a TRRS balanced connector to a TRS single ended port will work because you are just shorting the L- and R- pins together to ground, which is exactly how a single ended connection works(common ground between the 2 channels). However, depending on the plug there may be some alignment issues so its safer to get an adapter. Also if you plan to use your TRRS cables with a mobile device like a cellphone or tablet, it won't work because it reads the last pin as a mic in.

TL:DR - yes it should work, but no guarantees. buy an adapter if you want to sleep better at night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back