help! something wrong with my iBasso D2 Boa =(
Apr 5, 2009 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

d.n.d.

100+ Head-Fier
so i plugged in my ibasso to my laptop this morning since i havnt listened to music through it in a while.

i did the usual by right clicking my computer, going to properties, hardware tab, and device manager. i go to my internal sound card and disable it. then i plug my ibasso into one of my USB ports.

well, when i played music, it only came out of one side of my headphones! i got a heart attack thinking my HD595s were busted. i tested them with my sansa clip, everything was fine.

i tested to see if it was my computer, by playing music with the internal sound card. everything was fine. sound came out of both sides of my headphones.

next, i tested the ibasso as an amp connected to my sansa. again, everything was fine. sound came out of both sides of my headphones.

lastly, i tested my ibasso on another laptop. the same problem occurred. sound only came out of one side of my headphones.

the last time i used my ibasso as a DAC/amp was about a month ago, and everything worked fine last time. i also tested it with the other USB ports, and same result.

can someone help me please
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Have you tried any other software players? Left and right channel might be unbalanced (usually in equalizer settings)

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 7
alright so after moving my headphone jack around like i wanted to break the thing, i managed to get sound back with both sides of my headphones
o2smile.gif
thanks a lot for the help guys.

oh and i forgot to ask something else in my first post. sometimes when i go to disable my internal sound card, my computer asks me to restart my computer. other times, it works normally and doesnt prompt me to restart.

any idea why this happens? i have searched online, and could not find an answer.

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's how people usually disable their internal soundcard:

Go to control panel/sound

just tried that, and choosing my internal sound card it brings up the same properties window like when i use device manager. its not a big deal really, i just find it very odd. like my laptop has a mind of its own o_O

Apr 23, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by d.n.d. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alright so after moving my headphone jack around like i wanted to break the thing, i managed to get sound back with both sides of my headphones
o2smile.gif
thanks a lot for the help guys.

oh and i forgot to ask something else in my first post. sometimes when i go to disable my internal sound card, my computer asks me to restart my computer. other times, it works normally and doesnt prompt me to restart.

any idea why this happens? i have searched online, and could not find an answer.

Hello - I just got my iBasso D2 last week. I love it. But, today as I geared up to do some work. I set up to my iPod to listen and guess what. Same thing as you. Sound only out of the right side. I can only get sound out of both sides if I wiggle and press the jack in really hard and the front blue LED goes on and off. So something definitely wrong. It has not been dropped or anything. Its always put away nicely in my laptop bag etc. All though when I received from DHL the box inside the plastic bag was smashed!! i didnt think much since the contents in the box were fine. but, did notice the volume pot a little scratchy at first.
So, i emailed iBasso requesting a replacement unit ASAP so I can return this one. I am bummed that the unit is defective since it appears to be high quality item and I am happy with the sound.
Anyone else have an issue??
If not I may be looking for a different amp/DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back