Help-- site rip/ copy
Jan 26, 2007 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to get a copy of my course syllabus/ notes on my On line class. I tried "teleport" but it doesn't copy the right pages; it copied the pages where it doesn't need my username and password (eventhough I've input my username and password to the program), but I only need the ones where I need to use my username and password first. I can always click save as... for thousand if not millions of times, but of course I'd like to avoid that.

http://discussion.academyart.edu/syl...tainer=49-6565
That was supposed to be the page after I inputted my username, but when you copy and paste it, it asks for my username again, everytime. Weird.

Anyone know what I should do? familiar with site ripping/ copying? I paid for the course, so I don't think it's wrong to have a backup copy of the information just for reference later on when I've forgotten them.

Help: 13 hours before I lost all my notes.

Jan 26, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 7
If you're on a Mac, DEVONthink allows pw use while setting depth level. Only thing I've ever used similarly on the PC is the Firefox extension ScrapeBook, but no pw storage there.

Jan 26, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 7
Can you print your note? Or there is some kind of animation video interactive content.

If yes you can always print to PDF as last resort.

I used CutePDF

It take the exact printout you would get on a regular printer and put it in a pdf files.

EDIT: I reread I guess that would be as helpful as the "save as" you prefer not to do. Sorry

Jan 27, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're on a Mac, DEVONthink allows pw use while setting depth level. Only thing I've ever used similarly on the PC is the Firefox extension ScrapeBook, but no pw storage there.

How do you do it with pw on the mac? OK, so "teleport" has depth level option also; it's on depth level 3 when I tried it and it didn't work. How many depth level that you'd use usually for a site with username and password?

I'm using a PC, though.
What is a "pw storage"? So, Firefox extension scrape book can do the same thing as "teleport?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back