Help setting up Icon HDP --> Gilmore Lite --> A2/Headphones
Dec 25, 2010 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nyjets28

1000+ Head-Fier
I just received my Gilmore lite today and I was under the assumption that by feeding my Gilmore via RCA from my Icon HDP I'd be able to control volume for both my A2's and headphones using the Gilmore Lite. however, after setting it up (usb to Icon HDP, then RCA to RCA to feed my Gilmore lite and using RCA to mini to connect my A2's to the Gilmore lite) the speakers are still controlled by the Icon HDP and the only way to use my headphones is to turn off my speakers, which is a PIA because the volume control for the A2s are in the rear. 

does anyone have any simple solutions or workaround or different way of connecting things so that it's more convenient?

any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks!

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 2
oh darn..i think i figured it out..i thought the loop out was like a preamp output..so i guess the only way to control both my speakers and headphones without adjusting the volume in the back of the A2s would be to get a separate amp for the A2's or to get something instead of the gilmore lite that has a pre-amp option?

please if anyone has any simpler or cheaper alternative, please please let me know..thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back