Help Selecting Quality Earbuds with a $75-$200 Price Range
Mar 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Godsdragon

New Head-Fier
I want to step up from generic stock earbuds while listening to rock/techno/pop music. I am not very experienced when it comes to choosing a good set of earbuds so I decided to request the help of people who know what they are talking about. I have a budget that max's out at $200 shipped and I live in Canada so it must be able to be shipped their. I would just like to know what the best earbuds I should be looking at are in that price range and what would be the best place to buy them at online.

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 7
After spending a few long hours digging threw the forms I think I have narrowed down what IEM I want. It is between the Vsonic GR07, Audeo Perfect Bass 012 and the Sure SE215. Which of these 3 would be the best investment? The Audeo and Sure EMI's are a bit cheaper but the Vsonic GR07 might be worth putting the extra money into.

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 7
Are you sure you want spend so much on your first high quality iem? Read this thread, it has extensive info on alot of iem.http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-274-iems-compared-hifiman-re-400-added-03-14-13-p-650

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 7
The GR07 are fantastic value for the current price and at the same they are fun sounding yet very detailed IEMs for micro details and has fairly wide soundstage with tight punchy dynamic bass(highly recommended).  Vsonic other dual BA model GR01 is also close in term of soundquality with more emphesis on details and little less bass than GR07. The others IEMs like JVC FXD80, EQ-7, UETF10Pro, Sony EX7550, RE272(if you want highly balanced without bright extended highs and wide deep soundstage, great imaging, placement with good bass response without dynamic punch then these are highly recommended, these are highly detailed like GR07 or more and has little less dynamic punch in bass region). BTW GR07, GR01 are availabe through "headphonebar" Vancouver and RE272 are available through Layton Audio Montreal and they accept online orders and ship to all over Canada and there are many other brands, models are also avalaible through these Stores.

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks alot for the information on where I can get the headphones in Canada :D I Was really worried about buying off ebay with the chance's of getting a fake and custom's fee's. After looking at all of the details I think I will be going with the Vsonic GR07 from headphonebar. I like listening to a very wide range of music such as Jpop/rock/techno, Touhou and even some classical music now and then. I am really curious how much of a difference these IEM's will make in comparison to the stock Galaxy S3 android IEM that I use now :D

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 7
The sudden improvement over stock earbuds willbe more detailed crisp rich bass, very detailed mids shows micro details in music and big tall soundstage (better imaging and instruments separation) with great overall coherency in all frequencies response.

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 7
I have a few small questions about the Vsonic GR07. How is the build quality of the cable because I want this to be a IEM that last's me a fairly long time and most other IME's I have owned have died because the cable as flayed over time where it connects to the earpiece. Also how important is it to burn in these IME's and will it have much effect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back