HELP: RHA MA750i - Oversensitive Remote?
Sep 23, 2016 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

anonymanas

New Head-Fier
First off, hi everyone. I'm glad to have fiiinallly joined this forum, considering that I've always looked up reviews here before buying any earphones.

Now, the problem. So I recently bought the RHA MA750i and man, am I in love with them! Sure, the treble is a little too harsh right now, but most of my music is acoustic/folk, so the guitar sounds simply amazing. 

My problem though, is that I'm using when I put them on, and say, I'm walking or moving around, whenever the mic rubs against my shirt, the volume drops. It took me a while to realize why the volume would randomly drop till I just ran my finger over the controls of the remote. 

Mind you, I don't press the buttons. But even if I just swipe my finger (with a little pressure) the volume drops. So my questions are:

1. Is that a defect? Or is the remote actually touch sensitive? (If it's a defect, would it be covered in warranty?)
2. Could it be because I'm using an Android phone?
3. Is it possible to simply deactivate the remote? (Even if there's an app I can use on my phone, that'll help)

Please do let me know. Thanks!

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #2 of 4
So a few things here:
1) yes the ma750 has harsh treble in the beginning, but after you use them for a few weeks this (finally) goes away. I considered returning them after a week because I didn't know how long they took to burn in and thought that the treble was just too harsh.
2) that sounds like a defect to me. Have you tried actually pressing the button to see if it's stuck? It should make a nice click sound. The buttons on mine are actually quite firm. I have had the volume unexpectedly turned up on me, but I think that was a problem with my phone case and not the IEM.

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, I did check if the buttons are stuck. But I can hear the click perfectly if I press them. The only reason I was concerned if it's due to an incompatibility with Android was that, no matter what direction I run my finger over the remote, the volume drops to zero. It'd make sense if the (-) side of the remote was causing this problem. 

Damn, I hope the warranty thing works out. I bought it in UK and I live in India. I hope it's valid here and not too much of a hassle. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back