Help required with faulty Darkvoice 337se
Dec 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zensview

New Head-Fier
My 337se has problem with the R/H channel, volume became very lower even I turn to max. it does have noise too. after turn on the power for a while, left side is heating up but right side still is cold. anyone know anybody able to fix this Amp around SF east bay area. any help will be appreciated!

Zee
Best Regards

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
My 337se has problem with the R/H channel, volume became very lower even I turn to max. it does have noise too. after turn on the power for a while, left side is heating up but right side still is cold. anyone know anybody able to fix this Amp around SF east bay area. any help will be appreciated!

Zee
Best Regards

Are you sure the tubes connect properly? 
Maybe you can send an email to Darkvoice and ask about it.
Just curious if it's new or used??

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 7
Hello
Yeah I did swapped tube from left to right, and switched different tube set. the left mono channel seems total fine, but right channel is in bad
shape. used since 2009, earler version with per amp model. it's been a while, feel maybe overheat burn out some resistor on right mono.

Finally I open it up. very interesting is as i know inside the amp should have
2 Gold 20W100RJ,
1 Gold 20w430RJ on each channel,

but mine is 2 Gold 20W100RJ, and 1 sliver 20w430RJ in each channel.

I'm wondering if it is possible the gold 20w430RJ heat up too much then become sliver color......if so, then my left channel may goes out soon due to it change the color to sliver already. no idea but very Curious how this open?   

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #6 of 7
If you can post a link to the circuit diagram maybe I could help you. Sounds like a power supply problem and as you say it could be a resistor The ones fitted are of high quality and used by the electronics industry and yes if overheated the colour can change.
Do you have a Multi-meter to measure the resistance? But also you have to find out what caused the overheating.If the output tubes were swapped [each channel] and the other channel worked   okay   then you can rule out internal short circuit in the tube. which is usually the case .If you dig up a circuit I could say more.

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #7 of 7
The first generation 337-SE, with 3x resistors on each side has some history (low frequency occurrence) of over-heating.
I saw an older thread from ~2010 with the same problem.
thread here....
http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/thread/5703/help-needed-darkvoice-337se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back