[Help Required] Metallic, distorted sound when headset in use only
Jan 12, 2017 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ir0n

New Head-Fier
I ran into an odd issue as of late and hope you might be able to help me identify the root cause.

Roughly a week ago when I booted up my machine I noticed extreme metallic, distorted sound coming out of my headset (Sennheiser PC360).

I tried a couple of things and here are my findings so far:

- The same kind of messed up sound comes out of my (cheap stereo) boxes for as long as the headset is plugged in additionally

- If I only have the stereo boxes plugged in, the sound is fine 

- It doesn't matter if I use the 3.5 mm jacks on the front or rear - both give the same result (distorted sound through headset as well as boxes if headset is plugged in the other jack - fine sound through boxes connected to front/rear jack if headset is unplugged)

- Using another 3.5 mm jack headphone or even simple earplugs also give the same sound

- Looking online for similar cases more often they recommend checking the DPC latency which i did but can kinda rule out as it's usually at/below 500 μs

- Also reinstalling drivers and disabling any sort of sound enhancements (as well as disabling exclusive mode) didn't do anything

Currently plan to reinstall W10 to rule software/system settings out in general as cause at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back