Help regarding Super.fi 3
Apr 18, 2008 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

martinmach

New Head-Fier
Hi

I got my super.fi 3 a couple of days back and listening to them since then. i dont have any fit problems though they are kind of big. but it is getting very annoying after a hour or so of listening, a good amount of heat is also being produced and my ears hurt during that time. i have a pair of Philips SHS 8000, i wear them through out the day but i never feel any discomfort, the audio on my D2 or computer is way turned down, but i still suffer from this problem. audio clarity wise, they are really good. i brought the Super.fi for the comfort and Portability, i am also getting a pair of Senn HD 485 anytime soon.

Any suggestions in the comfort issue?

Thanks in advance
Martin

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi Martin,

I know what you're describing. My ears itch inside after a while and I have to take them out.

I don't know if you've already tried this, but try the bigger tips and don't push them in so far. I know for me, in order to get a decent seal, I tend to push them in too hard.

Gentle push and try twising them as you put them in. If they seal further out, it may stop the irritation.

Ian

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Martin,

I know what you're describing. My ears itch inside after a while and I have to take them out.

I don't know if you've already tried this, but try the bigger tips and don't push them in so far. I know for me, in order to get a decent seal, I tend to push them in too hard.

Gentle push and try twising them as you put them in. If they seal further out, it may stop the irritation.

Ian

Ian,

When i try with the bigger tips, i am having fit problems or atleast they are a bit outside than before and i cant hear any of the good bass that i get with the smaller buds. can you suggest me how a decent fit looks like and feels like?

Thanks,
Martin

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 6
Just push them in very lightly, and as soon as you get the seal, leave it there. You also might want to try the Shure olives. I have those, and they are soft, very comfy and it a bit of a PITA to get them on, but it's very worth your while!

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 6
can i use the Shure olives directly onto the earphones. it is taking a lot of time for adding the tips(that came along in the package) to the Super.fi 3. is this common? or maybe i did not get good tips

Apr 18, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #6 of 6
the shure fomas dont fit on the sf nozzle you need to mod them a bit.
i just poke trough them with a hot screwdriver and that usually does the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back