HELP! Recommendations for UE TF10 cable retermination please!
Jun 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jw2k_fr

New Head-Fier
I bought a custom replacement cable for my TF10s about 18months ago here on the forums.  The seller has since disappeared for whatever reason.  The cables weren't quite terminated properly at the IEM end with the outside sleeving not quite coming down over the collar on the IEM.  As such, the cable end was free to waggle around on the IEM when any stress was placed on it, and a few months back, one pin snapped as I was crossing the road and I almost lost the IEM down a drain!

As such, I am going through the process of getting the broken off pin removed from the IEM, but I would welcome recommendations from the forums for who does high-quality work in reterminating IEMs?

I need IEM ends of both branches of the cable reterminating to match, but I want to make sure whoever does the work can bring the outer sleeve all the way down to sit in the channel on the IEM for support.

Who would you trust your $400 'phones to for work?

Thanks in advance!  (and apologies if this is in the wrong place).

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I bought a custom replacement cable for my TF10s about 18months ago here on the forums.  The seller has since disappeared for whatever reason.  The cables weren't quite terminated properly at the IEM end with the outside sleeving not quite coming down over the collar on the IEM.  As such, the cable end was free to waggle around on the IEM when any stress was placed on it, and a few months back, one pin snapped as I was crossing the road and I almost lost the IEM down a drain!

As such, I am going through the process of getting the broken off pin removed from the IEM, but I would welcome recommendations from the forums for who does high-quality work in reterminating IEMs?

I need IEM ends of both branches of the cable reterminating to match, but I want to make sure whoever does the work can bring the outer sleeve all the way down to sit in the channel on the IEM for support.

Who would you trust your $400 'phones to for work?

Thanks in advance!  (and apologies if this is in the wrong place).

You can get a pair of replacement connectors, it's not a difficult task to solder them.....
Just pay attention on the polarity, the left channel has the "positive" at the front and the right channel has the "positive" at the rear (when they're in you ears)....

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

You can get a pair of replacement connectors, it's not a difficult task to solder them.....
Just pay attention on the polarity, the left channel has the "positive" at the front and the right channel has the "positive" at the rear (when they're in you ears)....

Awesome - I would never have thought they were so easily available.  I shall have to break out my fancy soldering iron!

Thx - much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back