help re: audio table/rack
Feb 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ronmtorres

500+ Head-Fier
guys,
am currently looking at the thread where pics of your audio set-up are shown since i'm planning to have a table/rack table made, where I would be setting up my audio equipment. this is to remove clutter in my laptop table. however, i may not have enough time to browse through all the posts so can you please post pics of your audio racks or tables please? or if anyone could maybe point me to a site where i could find good designs for the table/rack please. any help would be great. thanks guys!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 7
Flexy is the prime suggestion. I'd also suggest that you can find relatively cheap equipment stands and tables (from nearly anywhere) made of hollow metal tubes. As is, they ring like crazy and aren't particularly stable. But if you buy some cheap kneehigh nylons and fill them with riverrock (or gravel or very coarse sand), you can deaden and mass load them very easily. Or just dump the sand in directly, if you don't care about mess.

I did this recently, and ended up with a rack that cost the same as building a Flexy, but with a substantially nicer finish, and no need to cut large pieces of shelf material.

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 7
The problem with those solution is the metal parts, if you have access to them is a piece of cake, I work myself in the glass industry and to make the shelves is not that hard, but i have not found any decent solution for the metal parts....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back