help! quick answers needed
Mar 18, 2008 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

TheNew007

Banned
Which would be a better soundcard for my notebook?

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Vs Echo Indigo DJ

the prices are similar and I will use them to play games, listen to ripped music, and watch ripped movies

I have already consolidated with the echo indigo's seller but I may have to reconsider depending on your guys' opinions.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 11
Creative = Terrible for music, Great for games and movies.

Mar 18, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How terribad is the Indigo for games and Soundblasters for music?
How do they both compare for movies?

The Audigy offers EAX support and a larger bass presence for explosive effect. The Indigo supports only stereo sound and offers a much cleaner sound. Also, the Audigy 2 ZS Notebook includes Optical Out, while the Indigo does not.

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 11
i appreciate all the answers but now I am more confused than before. I game more than I listen to music but maybe purchasing the indigo can diminish that habit (which is a good thing). If I purchase the Indigo, will I still be able to detect sufficient 3d positioning and not put one of its great attributes to waste? And vise versa, if I purchase the Soundblaster, then should I just spend $70 on a gaming headphone instead?

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i appreciate all the answers but now I am more confused than before. I game more than I listen to music but maybe purchasing the indigo can diminish that habit (which is a good thing). If I purchase the Indigo, will I still be able to detect sufficient 3d positioning and not put one of its great attributes to waste? And vise versa, if I purchase the Soundblaster, then should I just spend $70 on a gaming headphone instead?

You wont be able to utilize the EAX functions within games if you don't have a soundcard that supports EAX. Plus, the audigy's onboard processor will take some load off your CPU. If you are more of a gamer, i recommend the Audigy over the Indigo. And no, never spend money on "gaming headphones."

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #9 of 11
won't the hd555 just be overkill then since the zs will not drive it to its full potential

also, the zs is $80 whereas indigo is $100. when price is considered, the indigo seems like a better deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back