Help-- Put my Audigy 2 zs notebook for sale on ebay
Apr 18, 2006 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Roddey

Banned
It seems the more I read here the more undecided I get
confused.gif
. I am selling my audigy because of what I learned here. I was going with the Bada headphone tube amp but thanks to a kind member I learned they been discontiued. Should I go for a Echo indigo and pair it with my PA2V2 or buy a little dot 2 and pair it with a cheap usb dac. Whats the better bang so to say. I live in Northern Calif. and a trip to Best Buy is about as high fi as I am going to get. San Francisco is about 4 hours away so everything I do is based on faith in what I read in the forums. And I have to say thank you for all your time.

Apr 18, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #2 of 13
What's wrong with the Audigy? Admittedly I only use mine for it's optical output but still. Is it really sound so bad? I don't know as I also have an Indigo for when I want direct amped out to my cans. I only bought my Audigy laptop to feed my Spitfire via toslink.

Apr 18, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 13
Because of what I read about the resampling of everything to 48 which according to what I read causes some degregation. Not that they sound bad but I read the enigo sound better. See now I am really confused.

Apr 18, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 13
Oh, no need to get confused. I have every confidence that the Indigo is a far superior soundcard. I did test the two aginst each other when I got the Audigy and the Indigo is clearly more powerful and better sounding but it's also more expensive and comes from a good heritage so no surprises there. I was just wondering what all the bad press was as I haven't really been keeping track as my Audigy was a single purpose purchase.

If you are wondering whether the Indigo is a solid purchase, yes it is. When I accidentaly broke my first one I immediately ordered a replacement. Can't get a better endorsement than that
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 13
Hmmm, just checked my ASIO driver Config in Media Monkey for the Audigy 2 zs notebook and it has options of upsampling to 96 so no real problems there as far as I can see. Again, I *ONLY* use mine to feed optical to a DAC though, for amped output the Indigo is way better.

Apr 18, 2006 at 10:06 AM Post #9 of 13
It should be known though that not all Audigy 2ZSs upsample out of the digital out, yes, it is in the case of his notebook card but the Platinum Pro actually allows you to choose between 44.1, 48, and 96khz. This was a bit confusing for me and I was about to replace my Pro since the general concensus stated that all Audigys upsample but I found out by scrolling through the settings that this was not the case for the Pro.

Apr 18, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #10 of 13
Thanks about the idea of resampling to 96k hertz. I was using asio4all and when I would try to upsample to 96 it would just destort bad. So I tried another asio file and it did just fine to upsample to 96 khertz.. I will listen for awhile.
580smile.gif
And I am glad you were able to keep your card

Apr 18, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #11 of 13
Now that its been a day I have noticed an improvement when I switched to asio at 96 khertz. At first I thought I had blown my grados 60 with the gritiness I heard but it carried over to the Senn. 555. So I knew it was the sound card but switching the resampling rate in asio seemed to help. Thanks again

Apr 19, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #13 of 13
Well the Audigy notebook is sold and I bought the Endigo. From reading the forums I decided to go for the best source I could find for a laptop.I could not find a negative review on it anywhere. I also can use the line out for a amp upgrade in he future, or buy a cheap turtlebeach micro(30dollars) if I want digital out . I considered buying usb dac/amp solution but I like not having to carry a box around with me and still get desent sound to my HD-555,or If I want to I can pair it with my P2AV2. My laptop is just a bigger,better,badder IPOD with web surfing. So Cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back