Help purchasing unique melody custom vs universal fit!
Sep 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lauraar90

New Head-Fier
Hey,

Long time reader first time poster, wondering if anyone can help me with some advice in regards to purchasing my first high end custom. Firstly I mainly listen to trance and dance so was leaning towards the merlin, but I would not be totally against the miracle if advice states otherwise...what would the size difference in my ears be if I did get miracle over merlin?

Secondly I would like to get the merlin as universal fit not custom fit....mainly because I would like to share them with my brother and of course this is not possible if custom. How much would universal affect the sound signature??? And are the universal unique melody nice fits??

Thanks alot and appreciate all honest help and replies :)

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 6
I dont believe you can get the Merlin in universal fit. That is only for demo model. The only universal that UM offers is the 3dd, which is the triple dynamic. There are some high end universal iems such as the Shure se846. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 6
Ah, maybe, though never heard of it. Although i have never tried one myself, the universal version are mainly to give an idea of the sound signature, and many people say the actual custom version sounds quite different/better. Being a balance armature iem, perfet fit is a lot more critical than with dynamic driver iems. I assume that is why they only openly offer the 3dd as universal form.

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 6
You can specially request it in email buying from custom-iem

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Really? I was under the impression if you requested a universal fit they will do it.

I know you were asking about Unique Melody customs to universals, (and it wouldn't hurt to shoot them an email clarifying it either way), but 1964 ears do sell the customs as universals. You have to email them for details though. Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back