Help purchasing a sound system/computer speakers for PC
Mar 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Iqbal

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have a essence xonar stx and loved the sound. I had and old school set of PC speakers:

Cambridge Soundworks DDT2200. I used the surround speakers that came with them but for the sub i had a Yamaha Subwoofer (not sure model) but it was awesome.

I have since moved out of my house and gave the speakers to my relative.

However, I'm back home and would like to purchase a set of similar speakers. Its mainly for movie watching/listening to Liquid Drum and Base, (I'm really into the basey stuff)

Iv'e been out the market for ages and things have changed since the Cambridge soundwork days.

Can anyone recommend me a similar set of speakers? or system? or any recommendations in general?

PS - I'm in no need of headphones as I have the HD 595's and happy with them for now.

Thank you guys very much, Much appreciated!

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 6
Have a look through this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/627161/my-very-low-budget-nearfield-desktop-rig-lepai-amp-and-dayton-audio-speakers. The lepai is very good for its price and you can pair lots of different bookshelf speakers with it. If you have the space for bookshelf speakers then I highly recommend the Lepai and whatever speakers you can fit in your budget (look used for the best bang for your buck). And if you have the room add a sub. Again, get what you can fit in your budget. What is your budget?

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Cheers for the replies guys!

Are two stereo speakers with a sub better then a 5.1 system? for music like Liquid Drum and Base?

budgets only around £100 i dont mind used items, and i can budge the budget up a lil if necessary :)

Thanks again

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Cheers for the replies guys!

Are two stereo speakers with a sub better then a 5.1 system? for music like Liquid Drum and Base?

budgets only around £100 i dont mind used items, and i can budge the budget up a lil if necessary :)

Thanks again

Me personally, I much prefer listening to stereo music in stereo mode. Stick with a 2.1 system  :)

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 6
Can you recommend me a decent set of stereo speakers under £100, together with an Amp, Oh and also any decent Subs going? 

the sub and Amp can be outside the £100 total budget as I may get these at a later date.

Thank You!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back