HELP: problems with EAC0.95prebeta4 and SP2
Sep 27, 2004 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mshan

1000+ Head-Fier
Does Exact Audio Copy 0.95 prebeta 4 have an installer?

I am attempting to install it on a fresh copy of XP Home / SP2, and though it loads, there is nothing in the start menu and nothing in the add/remove menu. There is also no folder in my programs file.

EAC is also freezing up while I am attempting to configure it (I clicked on the EAC logo in the extracted files)

confused.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 8
I've run into similar problems...my advice is to keep trying different versions unti you get one that works with no problems. Some (most?) of the versions do not have an installer; you simply unzip the contents of the file into a directory and run the EAC.exe from there.

I have been able to get most of the different versions working OK, but 1 or 2 of them have given me problems. I can't remember any of them freezing up on me, but there was one version that I recently tried that wouldn't recognize when a CD was in the drive. It just wouldn't display any track info. I installed a different version of EAC in another directory and it worked fine. Go figure...

Sep 28, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 8
I'm using EAC 0.9 beta 4, date on the exe is 05/24/2002 and it works fine in SP2.

If you need a copy PM me.

Sep 28, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 8
I can get it to work in SP2 most of the time.

It just seems to occaisionally freeze (e. g. while I am in the EAC options or Drive options menu. Also froze when I was determining drive write features).

Also, would I just drop the Nero ASPI dll into the appropriate EAC folder? (Nero Infotool says I'm already using the Windows system ASPI. Do i have to delete it first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back