Help- Plz need quick response
Dec 2, 2005 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lollavid

New Head-Fier
The plug on my Grado's is broken and I found a local electric shop that'll replace it for a reasonable price (like 8 Euros/ $9). He showed me the new plug adapter he'll put on it and it looks like the cheapest of cheap.

Does it matter?- plz, if you read this just post a response with your opinion cuz the shop opens in like 30 minutes and I want to get it done today.

thanks!

Dec 2, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 6
if it looks like absolute crap, don't do it. if you trust the guy but not his inventory, go buy your own plug and bring it to him to stick on there. Are you certain the plug is the problem with the grado? if so he might be able to use the same plug and just reconnect it to your lose headphone wire? the grado plug is kinda nice.

Dec 2, 2005 at 8:40 AM Post #3 of 6
wow- that was quick- thanks!
I am sure it's the plug (I bent it 90 degress and since then it's been a loose contact. Since then I have used plyers to squeeze it this way and that to try to secure the connection but to no avail. so i'm worried i've destroyed the plug.

I guess I trust the guy. From all I've heard, it's a pretty simple process right? Is there anything specific I should ask him to test the quality of his worksmanship?

I live in Denmark right now so it's not like I can just run to Radio Shack, but I guess I could figure out where to buy a plug.

let me know...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
if it looks like absolute crap, don't do it. if you trust the guy but not his inventory, go buy your own plug and bring it to him to stick on there. Are you certain the plug is the problem with the grado? if so he might be able to use the same plug and just reconnect it to your lose headphone wire? the grado plug is kinda nice.

Dec 2, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 6
AHHH a Fellow Dane, we are quite outnumberd here. Which City?

http://dk.kelkoo.com/b/a/ss_jack_stik.html

It´s hard to be a Dane with our taxes and ****, so we have to help each other out right
biggrin.gif

Replace it yourself, it´s two wires.

uhhh nice
http://www.discoworld.dk/shop/produc...oducts_id=7962

Dec 2, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #6 of 6
i can just imagine that smooshed grado plug, poor thing. but even with the clamping, i bet it's still just a loose solder joint or something. if you REALLY killed the plug, yeah, just grab a decent gold plated plug and have at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back