Help please.
Jul 20, 2013 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

itsderpxd

Head-Fier
Hi, 

My sennheiser IE8's recently were lost.. by someone.. so I'm going to get a replacement pair of headphones. 

My question is - which ones ? 

I am looking for a pair of headphones, and my budget is 200 dollars. 

I'm looking to use it for music, computer, etc. These will be my main pair of headphones. 

I am open minded to closed and open headphones. 

Please offer your opinion! It would be much appreciated ! Also, please add your reasoning as well. 

----- 

Question about a pair of headphones i've seen :

The beyerdynamic DT770 Pro for about 180, how is that ? Is that a rip off? Are beyer dynamic headphones good? 

Thank you all ! 

Jul 20, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 16
The DT770 is okay but the Shure-940 is much better sounding so consider that one.

If you want to save a bit the Fostex T50RP and KRK KNS 6400 are popular alternatives which should have at least 90% of the sound quality.

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 16
If you can get it for $200 it's one of the best options yes.  Well the 940 has more lively vocals and pleasant treble, overall a more impressive sound.

The Fostex T50RP should be at least as good for cheaper, however it's common to mod it first to make it sound right.

Naturally it's hard to say what "the best" is, you might be satisfied with a Pioneer SE-A1000, Koss KSC75, or want a classier looking Audio Technica.

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #5 of 16
By the way, you said your IE8's were lost, if you're already used to IEM's you might want to try another IEM then?  There's so many nice IEM's around.

Sony MDR-EX600 for example gives a good sensation of headphone-like sound in an IEM.

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
If you can get it for $200 it's one of the best options yes.  Well the 940 has more lively vocals and pleasant treble, overall a more impressive sound.

The Fostex T50RP should be at least as good for cheaper, however it's common to mod it first to make it sound right.

Naturally it's hard to say what "the best" is, you might be satisfied with a Pioneer SE-A1000, Koss KSC75, or want a classier looking Audio Technica.

I prefer sound quality over looks, so it does not really matter to me. 

Thanks for your input, looking forward to others' as well 

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #11 of 16
The 770 is a pretty good closed can. 250 or 600 ohm sounds really nice. Typical Beyer - Clean highs that extend well and typical closed headphone, big in the bass department.

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #14 of 16
If you don't have an amp I'd consider a more portable model like the new Audio Technica ATH-ES700

http://headphones.seyo-co.com/audio-technica/ATH-ES700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back