Help Please ...
Dec 2, 2011 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Stlee209

New Head-Fier
I been doing research for headphone past 2-3 months, but I still can't get an answer.
I looked at Sennheiser-HD25, but it was too expensive also design wasn't my style too.
I was wondering if you guys can help me ?
I know it's going to be hard, but I want the best headphone for me so yah.
I usually listen to Kpop, Rap, Hip-Hop, and little bit of Rock.
I will be using these when I'm on the bus, Before my sports game start, and when I'm at home doing my homework or just chilling.

The things that I'm looking for the headphone is ...
- Style (Not a big issue ... Ath-M50 is good enough)
- Isolation (since I'm studying and take them to sports game)
- Durability (Just not too crappy)
- Good bass (I'm not a bass head, but I like some good bass)
- In price range of $50~150 (I'm trying not to go over $150)

I hope someone can help me, and I'm not hoping a headphone that has the things listed.
That's my idea of good headphone, also I'm playing this out of my android phone.
I'm not planning on buying an amp so no headphones that need amp.
I hope I get good and fast reponse, Thank You ...

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Look for HFi 580, much better than M50.

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Are they comfortable ?

You need to research. Usually "recommend me" threads don't get many detailed answers. Use the search function, read lots of reviews and try them out at a store, if possible. You might want to look into the Sennheiser HD438/9, Panasonic HTF600 and the M50.

Bass on the Sennheisers are just nice imo, they have a really warm sound. Build quality is not very good (you can't fold them up) but they're good for casual listening. They also respond well to EQing, imo. The Panasonic HTF600s I have no experience with. According to what I've read they have crappy build quality, but good bass: sounds like a cheaper, bassier version of the HD438s. The M50's are built like a tank, though their highs can be a bit harsh to some. Personally, I didn't find them worth their price tag (meh sound, very clampy on my head) but I can see how it appeals to some. 

If isolation is really important, you may want to consider IEMs. They block out a lot of outside noise.

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Today I went to Best Buy, and I found out about Koss Pro DJ 100.
I was wondering how they are. I saw review from ThatSnazzyIphoneGuy, and he said the headphones are pretty impressive compare to price. He said the headphones should have amp, but I kinda don't want amp. I wad wondering how they are ...

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Today I went to Best Buy, and I found out about Koss Pro DJ 100.
I was wondering how they are.

They are well regarded..take a look at this review by tdockweiler
http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss-pro-dj-100-the-budget-king

Users who are viewing this thread

Back