help, please
Nov 15, 2001 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gradoistcool

Head-Fier
I am in love with AKG now since i rebought the OBH-11 and K501´s, and i want more, i am thinking on the K240DF´s cuz those are the next best rated regular headphones, please correct me if i´m wrong (beside K1000 of course, but i don´t want those.... yet) i love the design of the K240DF´s just as much as the K501´s, and i heard they sound almost the same, just more comfortable and more bass, i only hear them briefly in a loud environment so i can´t make a decision for myself. my question is, has anyone tried the OBH-11/K240DF combo? the OBH-11 drives the K501´s beautifully, so i am thinking it likes AKG headphones.
confused.gif
thanks in advance you guys!

Nov 16, 2001 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 3
Looks to me like the 240's won't sound as good as the 501's. Maybe that's why you've received no responses yet. My worthless opinion is based purely upon the graphs enclosed:

Normalized Freq. Resp.

The 501's look best and the rest are down hill from there.

Square wave response

Check the transient and phase response. The 240M looks really sucky, the 240DF and 401s a little better and the 501 better yet. The plots for the 501s and 240DFs are inverted in phase. Not sure why, could be display error or the phase of the cans could be 180deg out, either way, no big deal.

Best of luck with your decision!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back