help please!
Nov 18, 2006 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

noblsheep

100+ Head-Fier
recently got a LDM+. i'm having a little trouble finding a bag or sth for portable use, so i plugged it into my laptop. playing mp3s, everything sounded exceptionally better except for one thing. the highs were really crappy with the kind of static noise usually found on low quality mp3s. i disabled the eq and DSPs and it got a little better, but the noise was still there. i thought it might be crappy mp3s, but i tried the same files on my m5l and it was ok. so what am i doing wrong? or is it that my stuff don't get along with each other?

the setup i'm using now is lenovo y800 (unknown soundcard) --> foobar 0.9.1 --> LDM+ ---> senn omx52

(lenovo is that chinese company that bought IBM's laptop department last year)

btw, i took off the LDM+ and plugged my senns in directly and listened carefully and found that the noise was still there, only not so bad. i'm thinking i need a new soundcard maybe? thanks everybody in advance.

Nov 18, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 3
An amp isn't magically going to cause all the defects associated with a crappy audio chip to do a disappearing act. In fact, a good amp will probably amplify all the defects. What you want is something along the lines of an M-Audio Audiophile USB, external soundcard.

Lenovo bought IBM's entire IT department I think.

Nov 18, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An amp isn't magically going to cause all the defects associated with a crappy audio chip to do a disappearing act. In fact, a good amp will probably amplify all the defects. What you want is something along the lines of an M-Audio Audiophile USB, external soundcard.

so i'm looking for m-audio audiophile... can you tell me sth about any differences between the Firewire and USB versions? and it seems a bit costly to my wallet at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back