help please with first DIY
Sep 7, 2005 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spinneresque

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, last week I wrote this:

Hi, I am new but quite smart and I have soldered before. I want to make a mini to mini cable for my ipod and cmoy. Could someone-s kindly give me a link to directions, a list of all the parts needed and links to where I can buy them? I have been researching for hours but I really should do other things now! Also I am in a bit of a rush because I need to get the parts by early next week (leaving the country). Many many thanks

Suggested Materials:
1. Mogami 2534 Quad Mic Cable or Canare L-4E6S Quad Mic Cable.
2. 2 - Switchcraft Right Angle stereo mini plugs (preferred) or Neutrik RA stereo mini plugs.
3. Heatshrink
4. Techflex or braided sleeving (optional)
5. Silver bearing solder.

Ihttp://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52044

My cable arrived yesterday. It only has one copper wire inside of it. Yet all of the instructions refer to 2-4 wires. What am I missing? Did I get the wrong cable? I will be so sad if that happens becasue I am leaving the country monday. Thanks!

Sep 7, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 4
I can't post a picture because I don't have my camera cable with me. When I strip the wire, there is an outer layer of thin copper braiding, inside of that is a clear rubber enclosure and inside of that is one copper wire. Help! If I have the wrong cable I need to reorder now! Thanks

Sep 7, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 4
mystery solved..... I called Westlake and they sent me the wrong cable, so they are sending me the right one. It was actually their fault, and I am not going crazy! Thanks everyone.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back