Help Please! Upgrade From Eterna V1, new IEM
Dec 5, 2010 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Arsenalicorn

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm new in this forum, but I always read and followed it with care.

Sorry in advance for my bad English, I'm Italian man. :)

I write here because I think this forum have an hight a great competence for audio portable and head/ear-phone.

What I looking for...

My old Eterna V1 are dead and I search a new earphone...

I like the bass, the immersion sound and the power output of Eterna, although It gave me a problem with insert, (more in right ear): in practice, the sound was gloomy until I found the right way and position, moving IEM by fingers, after many attemps.

I tried the bi-flanges, single-flanges stocks and other eartips like a hybrid sony, but the problem remained.

Now, I'd like to purchase ad IEM like the typical sound of Eterna, but with treble more present and distinct.

It's also important a high audio output.

Thanks for suggestions!

:)

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
Hello everyone, I'm new in this forum, but I always read and followed it with care.

Sorry in advance for my bad English, I'm Italian man. :)

I write here because I think this forum have an hight a great competence for audio portable and head/ear-phone.

What I looking for...

My old Eterna V1 are dead and I search a new earphone...

I like the bass, the immersion sound and the power output of Eterna, although It gave me a problem with insert, (more in right ear): in practice, the sound was gloomy until I found the right way and position, moving IEM by fingers, after many attemps.

I tried the bi-flanges, single-flanges stocks and other eartips like a hybrid sony, but the problem remained.

Now, I'd like to purchase ad IEM like the typical sound of Eterna, but with treble more present and distinct.

It's also important a high audio output.

Thanks for suggestions!

Oh dear, more highs? Do you think Eterna lacks in this particular range?? 

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 10
why not just get the v2 Eterna?  It supposedly does treble better than v1.  Or maybe Silver Bullet?
Take a look at Joker's thread, he does a lot of comparisons with eterna.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Oh dear, more highs? Do you think Eterna lacks in this particular range??

Ciao Rainy, The high in V1 are not lacking, but the IEM have died. So let me try something new with the same stamp of eterna, but with a little 'more treble.

Quote:
why not just get the v2 Eterna?  It supposedly does treble better than v1.  Or maybe Silver Bullet?
Take a look at Joker's thread, he does a lot of comparisons with eterna.

I know, but I also read the reviews of Clieos where V2 are not considered as good as the V1.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450407/multiple-iem-shootout-v-3#post_6083826

Other suggestions?

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 10
I know its an old thread but I cant leave an lone 'up' hangin.

Only the Eternas can do what the Eternas can do, if you want more highs you can go for the v2 (which is most likely what you are looking for), or you can try something else like Xears that have strong lows and more highs than the Eternas... but not the same presentation.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #9 of 10
Yes the Eterna's sound is certainly unique. I don't think my Xears TD-III V2 has more highs than the Eterna though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back