Help!! Please stop me from buying the SR-71B
Dec 18, 2010 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

guyverl

100+ Head-Fier
So i've been out of the headphone amp game for a while now having found bliss with the UE10s and wait for it... the Dolby Headphone DSP that came with my Vaio Z.

However, recently the UE10s cable has broken on the left side.  And because i'm a sensible guy came to head-fi forums after a hiatus of a few years and lo and behold Ray has come out with SR-71b.  So i'm thinking... why spend $48 on a new cable when i can get...the Sr-71b... and the LOD ....and the mil spec balanced cables for the UE10... 

Please come up with excuses to stop me from buying these...i'm trying to set up my own company and shouldn't be spending :frowning2:

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 6
aww crap, I'm suffering from the exact same problem! And I know in the future, I'll have to switch out to balanced cables, balanced sources. $_$

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 6
Save yourself...it's too late for me.I ordered my first headphone amp yesterday.And as much as I want to rationalize the purchase because of these (seemingly) endless pages of reviews and enlightened opinions,I know deep down I only have myself to blame.

Dec 19, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #5 of 6
The convenience is the problem.  If I order now then I can get the line-out for the iPhone, the amp itself *and* the balanced cables for the UE10s all at once... no hassle... plus i've never heard a balanced amp before :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back