Help please....my Sony SA5000s...pad lifted..
Dec 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jtwn

100+ Head-Fier
Not the ear pad :wink: But the pad (or whatever you call it where you terminate the cables on to the driver has lifted on my SA5000s).

I only recently re-cabled these headphones with an old HD600 cable. Well, I feel asleep with them on to wake up a few hours later...with sound only coming out of the left channel. Great...so I resolder them etc...screw the housing back together...still doesn't work. I tried a continuinity test and all appears fine. Could not understand. After the third or so time of resoldering...the pad lifted and ended up being stuck to the cable :frowning2:

See pics -

Is this repairable at all? Whilst I'd like to blame the higher temps needed in lead-free solder world (UK)...it probably half is my dodgy soldering skills :/

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dec 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 5
It looks like you have burnt out the trace to the driver's coil... Only thing left to do that i can think off is perhaps trying to lift the whole PCB board and soldering to the free coil leads. I think you need a very fine soldering tip to do that though, to avoid burning the diaphram itself (speculating).

I'd suggest trying to get help in the DIY section, if you didn't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back