Help please! IEM's while using a CPAP machine to sleep are way too noisey!
Oct 9, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #18 of 28
I was in the same situation, with a bipap machine, for many years.
I've found that the better the iems seal in my ears, the better the isolation I get from the hisssssss sound of the airflow.
I've slept with a lot of different ones over the years.  (please don't judge me for that  LOL)
My favorites, and the ones I use most, are the Phillips 3590's.  They are certainly not my best sounding iems, but they are not horrible by far.  And they're so darned light and cheap, so I won't be terribly upset if I destroy them in the night.  That said, I've used the same pair almost nightly for over 2 years now, and they  still work fine.  Available on Amazon for about 10 bucks.  I plug them into a Sansa Clip+, which I clip to my headstrap and then wind the cord as short as possible.  No tangles no fuss, and I can listen to music, or audio books from Audible.com, all night long.
Sweet drams!
BG

I think you win the "best advice" prize BG! Heck, I wanna try out those phillips myself now :)

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #19 of 28
I found both the er4 and hf5 to be comfortable (it feels weird at first cause you basically shove them in until you hit brain) but both stuck out at least a little from my ears. I roll a lot in my sleep I would hate to roll my head over with one of those iems since I would jolt myself awake with pain and damaged eardrum. Plus isolation is better than anything I've ever used so I'd sleep through my own death in case of a fire/earthquake/or any alarm. Like everything Ymmv since different ear types won't have my issues and could still enjoy the awesomeness that is etymotic.

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #21 of 28
As a musician I have always used ear plugs on stage, the best ones are actually made from casts they take of one's ear canal.
They are physically unnoticeable to me, and have adjustable inserts of varying DB lvls.

My question is:
Has anyone done that with IEM Buds?
If they havent, I think it should be done because it would make a great replacement bud for my AKG Q350s.

Perhaps the right kind of ear Doctor could make a cast for You,
and modify them to fit on Your existing IEM's...-for perhaps less than the cost/hassle of purchasing a new set.

If they can make a cast of one's ear canal, then why not have a cast of the IEM housing and a hole, too?

I am a maker so I get silly ideas sometimes, forgive me.
rolleyes.gif

I hope that You can find the perfect soloution, sleeping peacefully is a must. methinx.

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #24 of 28
I used the shure SE215 iem's when I played a large venue, but they were not hand-casted to fit my ear canals.
They were very low-profile, and quite comfortable, but as our drummer uses a 26" kick, they Bled a little bit :p

If You do have 350 clams to experiment with: 
Gorilla AT-2 custom IEMs

I'd see about hacking up a set of plugs My insurance would buy for me, before I experiment with anything, though.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #26 of 28
Oct 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #27 of 28
  I personally like the "no worries" aspect of 'em.
L3000.gif

Well, at $11.59, there's not a lot to worry about... ordered!
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261306527075?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back